Hello Rider Families,
For safety reasons, all students must be signed out at the attendance office. This policy is regardless of the student's age or a parent's permission to leave. To request an excused absence, you must do one of the following within 72 hours. Be sure to include your student's ID number, reason for the absence, and a number to call you back if needed:
- Provide a note to the attendance office
- Call the Attendance Voicemail Line: 503-916-5130
*This line is checked twice a day, once in the morning, and then in the afternoon. You may still get an automated call from the district. Please disregard it; the attendance will be fixed.
You can now use ParentVUE to report a whole day(s) absence! Here are the steps:
* Vacations must be reported directly to the attendance office and reported using ParentVUE
1. Log Into ParentVue
2. Select Report Absence
3. Select the Date(s) and Reason
If you receive an automated absence call and you have not already called the school to excuse the absence, follow these steps:
- Check ParentVUE
- Verify your student was marked or Contact the attendance office within 72 hours to excuse the absence.
- If you believe your student was in class and incorrectly marked Have your student contact their teacher to correct their attendance.
OSAA rules regarding attendance: Athletes who miss a class may not practice or play in a contest on the day of absence. The only exceptions are a pre-arranged medical appointment, which must be made 24 hours in advance of the day of participation, or an emergency. Parents of in-season athletes MUST call the attendance line (503-916-5130) or email the athletic director, Willie Williams, email@example.com to pre-arrange a medical appointment 24 hours in advance or report an emergency.
Vice Principal- Elizabeth Mahlum firstname.lastname@example.org Administrative Assistant- Josie Mullet email@example.com Attendance Coach- Temo Alvarado firstname.lastname@example.org Attendance Coach- Brandon Jones email@example.com Attendance Coach- Demetrius Tucker