1. Week-at-a-Glance: This is how you receive official school communication, such as the weekly schedule, quick announcements, invitations, etc. Please note, this is sent directly from the school to you. You are not making your email available to anyone else, and no other parents can communicate with you through this communication. Everyone who has an email address on file is automatically signed up for this communication. It has become an important source of information about what is happening at MLC. Therefore, it is very important that you have a good email address entered on the registration form. If you have any questions about the “Week at a Glance” or would like to submit an announcement for the following week, feel free to contact the school registrar.
2. School Messenger: This is a way to receive group e-mails from the administration about important information regarding events and timely current issues as they pertain to MLC. This system also will immediately notify families via text message (opt-in system only), email, or voice message of an emergency at school only if immediate action by parents or families is required. This system pulls emergency contact information from the school’s student information system Synergy.
3. School Website: This is where you can access information about the school; meet our staff (along with posted course syllabi and curriculum maps), see the updated school calendar, discover ways to be involved, access lottery information, etc. We invite you to explore our website www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/mlc/
7. Attend “Coffee with the Principal”: On the first Friday of each month the principal meets with parents to discuss school issues and events. This is an informal opportunity to foster two-way communication with families.
8. ParentVue: Synergy ParentVUE is a tool to help families stay informed about their student’s progress in grades 7-12. This tool can be used to access your student’s grades, attendance information, and also to communicate with teachers. Students will have access to the same information using Synergy StudentVUE. To set up an account get an activation key from our school office. Parents have the ability to reset their own passwords. If you have forgotten or want to change your password, please login on the PPS web page at: http://www.pps.net/site/Default.aspx?PageID=2341 Please note that although teachers do their best to post assignments and grades, by contract, they are not required to keep this updated. If at any time a student/parent is concerned about a student’s grade, please email the teacher for an update.