Fine & Performing Arts
As the Fine and Performing Arts department, we believe that ALL arts (art, dance, media arts, music, and theatre) are academic and vital to EVERY student in their preparation for their lives past high school, including college and career. Once students complete their matriculation, we want students to:
- ~ be aware of arts as a legitimate career-path and/or its influence on other career choices,
- ~ engage in critical thinking on a variety of levels in Bloom’s taxonomy,
- ~ feel empowered to showcase their own creative voice as a developing artist,
- ~ experience intellectual and emotional growth, and
- ~ demonstrate the skill and knowledge required to participate in the professional arts community.