Jefferson High School
Middle College for Advanced Studies
5210 N Kerby
Portland, OR 97217
Grade levels: 9-12
Principal: Drake Shelton
The mission of Jefferson High School is to create an inclusive and collaborative student-centered academic environment that promotes racial equity and social justice. Jefferson students will graduate as critical problem-solvers; resilient lifelong learners; and informed global stewards.
Jefferson High School is a city-wide Middle College focus-option high school. Jefferson offers traditional academic and elective courses as well as dual-credit courses on-site. Jefferson students enhance their high school schedule with courses from Portland Community College. Jefferson students have the potential to earn a year or more of transferable college credit all while earning their high school diploma.
Getting into Jefferson
- Jefferson is a focus-option high school open both to neighborhood students and, through the school choice lottery, students from outside the neighborhood.
- Prospective freshmen who live in the Jefferson attendance boundary can choose to attend Jefferson or their assigned comprehensive high school, determined by address. (Go to www.pps.net/schoolchoice, click on Find Your School). Students formalize their choice by filling out a form with their current school counselor.
- Students who live outside the attendance area can apply to Jefferson during the February transfer cycle by downloading a transfer application and checklist at: www.pps.net/schoolchoice.
- If you have questions about accessing Jefferson, please call the PPS Enrollment & Transfer Center at 503-916-3205 or the school at 503-916-5180.
- GEAR UP
- Latino Network
- On-Track OHSU!
- Oregon Institute of Technology
- Portland Community College
- Portland State University
- Self-Enhancement Inc.
- SUN School
- Career Technical Education (CTE)
- Health Sciences/Biotechnology Program
- Middle College for Advanced Studies
- National Honors Society (NHS)
- Performing and Visual Arts Program
- Talented and Gifted Program (TAG)
- Cross Country
- Track & Field