PPS: Update and Information about Coronavirus3/4/2020
Dear PPS Families,
Our district staff continues to monitor developments regarding coronavirus in Oregon, Washington and nationally. We are in regular communication with a number of education and public health agency partners, and in daily contact with Multnomah County Health Department and our fellow county school districts. In addition:
- Our custodial and operations crews are continuing to clean daily, while prioritizing high-touch surfaces in classrooms and common areas. Cleaning efforts follow protocols from Multnomah County and the Centers for Disease Control.
- We have established a cross-functional core team, which meets daily to review, discuss, and decide actions and steps regarding the many questions and issues related to coronavirus, both present and with regard to potential future scenarios.
- We are asking school building administrators to encourage proactive efforts by staff and students, including frequent handwashing, covering mouths when coughing or sneezing, and using hand sanitizer.
The safety, health and well-being of our students and staff is our highest priority. You and your student can help reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus by staying home if you are experiencing symptoms of a cold or flu.
We know that families have many more questions than those that are addressed above. We plan to share updates with families twice a week for the foreseeable future. In between messages from PPS, you can stay up-to-date by visiting the links below. You can also find all messages to families and other resources by visiting pps.net/coronavirus.
- Multnomah County Health Department
- Oregon Health Authority (OHA)
- Centers for Disease Control
- Oregon Department of Education (ODE) Communicable Disease Guidance