PPS uses MaiaLearning as a Career and College Readiness tool for PPS high school counselors, staff, students and families.
Students can use MaiaLearning to:
Students and parents are encouraged to check out this MaiaLearning introductory video!STUDENTS: All students have access to MaiaLearning using their PPS single sign-on. To log in to Maia, click "sign in with google", and enter your PPS login and password. Find detailed login instructions with screenshots here. Students are also encouraged to check out this quick guide for using your MaiaLearning dashboard.PARENTS: Parents can be given a parental MaiaLearning account to access their students' progress and activities in MaiaLearning. For instructions on setting up an account and to log in, click here.Below are some additional resources to help students get started with MaiaLearning.The Student Journey of Maia Learning:Printable quick guide with a Maia overviewUsing the Academic Planner:This is a great tool for 9th graders and students interested in creating a 4-year academic plan of coursesTaking a Personality Assessment:Explore your interests and strengths, and link them to various career pathways through personal assessments
- Learn about their own strengths and interests
- Research career paths and post-secondary options
- Create career plans with attributes and actions needed to work towards students’ goals
- Create four-year plans and track completed courses
- View scattergrams and other information helpful for post-secondary planning
- Request letters of recommendation and transcripts and track college applications
- Sign up for college visits and other college/career events offered at school or by PPS
Explore, research, compare, and organize career interests, pathways to different careers, and planning for your future
Doing A College Search:
Search, explore, compare, and organize colleges of interest. Great tool for juniors and seniors that are considering or planning on applying to college.
The two videos below are geared towards 12th graders that are applying to 4-year colleges. All seniors are required to use MaiaLearning to request their supplemental college application documents. Our Counselors and College & Career Coordinators train and support students during senior year on the use of these features.
Connecting MaiaLearning to your Common App account:
Requesting Recommendations from Teachers: