Welcome to McDaniel Athletics!
Trying to view an archived game? Click our McDaniel Athletics Game Links page to see video links to past soccer, football, and volleyball games. We made every attempt to stream home games, and post any away game links we received.
McDaniel Home Girls Basketball games:
Fall Football Cheer Tryouts are coming next week!
Boys and girls, including rising freshmen, are invited to try out for Football Season cheer team!
Tryouts will be 11 am - 1 pm on June 14-16 in the courtyard at McDaniel at Marshall Campus. Students must sign up beforehand on Family ID https://www.familyid.com/madison-high-school-2 and have a current sports physical to try out!
A current sports physical is required. Free sports physicals can be scheduled through the School Based Health Centers. You must have the PIL's Sports Physical form signed by your doctor. Links to the form and information on contacting the Health Centers is available on the Links and Forms page.
Seasons 2-4 Academic Eligibility for Athletics (Feb. 11)
Dear McDaniel families,
(This information concerns ONLY students who wish to participate in athletic teams during the remainder of the 2020-21 school year. If your student is not participating this year, you can disregard this letter.)
With plans underway for modified competitive athletic seasons this spring, our athletic department wanted to be sure you know that student athletes will have to meet academic eligibility guidelines in order to participate. The requirements are:
- Student must have passed 3 classes in the previous grading period (Q2).
- Student must be enrolled in and passing 3 classes in the current semester.
- Student must be showing satisfactory progress toward graduation.
If your student wishes to join an athletic team, but did not meet one or more of these requirements, there are steps they can take to become eligible.
- If you did not pass 3 classes last semester, depending on what your grade listing says, there are ways to earn credit for your class
- If you received NG: you must complete a credit recovery plan. Reach out to Joe Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- If you received NP: contact your class teacher to find out what you can complete to earn credit for the class.
- If you are not currently enrolled in 3 classes, contact your counselor by Feb. 12 to add classes. These must be classes that earn a grade (no study hall).
- Students must have completed certain numbers of credits by the start of each year to show they are on track to graduate:
- 9th: N/A
- 10th: completed 4.5 credits
- 11th: completed 10 credits
- 12th: completed 17 credits
If you have not met any of these requirements, there is a hardship process available. Reach out to your coach or our Athletic Director, Tyler Kelleher, at email@example.com for assistance as soon as possible. If you have additional questions, please contact Tyler Kelleher or our Athletics secretary Kerry Graves at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PIL Season 4 Registration
The Season 4 competitive athletic program is underway! These Season 4 programs include Basketball, Swim, Wrestling, and Cheer.
Portland Public Schools (PPS) and the Portland Interscholastic League (PIL) began offering a modified in-person season for our students on February 22. Programming follows all OSAA, OHA, and PPS guidelines to ensure a safe environment for all students and coaches.
PIL SEASON 4 Q&A
What if students miss asynchronous class time for games?
Do students have to ride the bus to/from games?
What is the weekly schedule for teams?
Are there academic requirements to participate?
Is there a fee to participate?
Do I need to sign up if I am already in the fall workout pods or played during Season 2 or 3?
Will there be competitions?
Can spectators attend matches?
Home Workouts During School Closure:
If you'd rather do your own workout, here are some suggestions prepared for our teams from our coaching staff!
McDaniel Boys Soccer:
We now have a YouTube Channel! Subscribe to "Madison Boys Soccer" for workouts and skill drills!
Track and Field:
A message from Providence Sports Medicine:
Providence Sports Medicine wants to help athletes get ready to return to sports participation safely as we emerge from the COVID-19 crisis and look to return to athletics. We have developed a 6 week program to help prepare athletes to integrate into regular training and team sports. Please see the attached PDF for a description of the program. Full program documents can be downloaded on June 8th by going to Providence Sports Medicine’s website under the performance page. Or follow this link: