Interested In Athletics for the 2023-24 School Year?
Register now for FALL Athletics! The fall season begins August 14th, 2023!
Students must pre-register to participate! To register for a team, students must:
- Sign up online with FamilyID (FID) before they can attend tryouts/practices.
- If you have a FID account from middle school, use that same account. Be sure to select the McDaniel High School organization.
- Have a current sports physical. Free sports physicals can be scheduled through the McDaniel School Based Health Center: 503-988-3382.
- Don't wait until the last minute!
PLEASE WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE CONFIRMED ON A TEAM BEFORE YOU PAY.
To register on FID, scan the QR code, or select Links and Forms on the upper left of this page to link to FamilyID and the sports physical form.
If you have questions, contact our coaching or Athletics Department staff through our Athletics Staff links or stop by room 118D with any questions.
Need a Physical This Summer?
REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN ATHLETICS:
McDaniel High School encourages all students to participate in athletics! To join a team, students must fulfill academic requirements, register through Family ID and provide proof of a current physical exam to be eligible. Additional forms and fees also need to be submitted to participate.
Athletics fees are paid to the PIL, and help cover coach salaries, uniform costs, transportation, and other team expenses. All students are welcome to try out for teams, and fees will not be a barrier to joining.
- All McDaniel teams cost $35 per season ($70 annual maximum) for the 2022-23 school year.
- Free and Reduced lunch students only pay $35 per season ($70 annual maximum).
- Please contact the athletic director if you have questions or concerns about fees.
Students who fail to meet any of these 3 requirements are not eligible to participate in sports:
- student must have passed 5 classes the previous semester (or 3 on the 4x4 calendar).
- student must be enrolled and passing 5 classes in the current semester.
- student must be making satisfactory progress toward graduation by earning the minimum number of credits:(4.5 credits by the start of 10th grade, 10 credits by the start of 11th grade, 17 credits by the start of 12th grade)
- student must have earned the following GPA the previous quarter:
2.0 with no Fs or 2.5 with one F
Students who do not meet this requirement may register but will be placed on academic probation for the current season. Please contact the athletics office if you have questions about academic probation.
Students must submit a current approved physical form to the Athletics Department prior to participating in sports. The exam will be valid for 2 years, and does not need to be filled out for additional sports within the current year. See our Links and Forms page for blank physical forms in supported languages.
The Student Health Center at McDaniel is open for sports physicals. They serve youth, ages 5-18, who reside in or attend schools in Multnomah County. They provide services for both medical and mental health needs.Call 503-988-3382 for an appointment. Translation services are available.
YOU WILL NEED TO HAND IN A NEW FORM TO McDANIEL ATHLETICS. If you participated in PIL Youth Athletics, please see the Athletics Secretary to see if your physical is still current to play.
- if applicable, additional forms for exchange students, transfer, or home-schooled students are required