Welcome to Madison Athletics!
June, 2019: Madison Families: our construction work has begun! If your child is attending any athletics workouts in June and July, please note that the lower parking lot by the stadium is CLOSED and being used by the construction company. All parking for stadium events needs to be in other Madison lots, on Thompson, or other neighborhood streets. We are sorry for the inconvenience!
- Once school begins, check below for our weekly calendar, or team by team season schedules below. These will be subject to change. For updated schedules see the OSAA website at http://www.osaa.org/schools/151 and click on the team name.
- Reminder: All athletes must pay a pay-to-play fee when they join a team.
- Fees can be paid in person through athletics or to our bookkeeper by card/check/cash, or online with a credit/debit card through Schoolpay.com.
On Schoolpay.com, create an account with an email address and password, then in the school payments list, search for “Athletic Participation Fee: 1st Sport” or “1st Sport Adjusted”. The adjusted fee is for free and reduced fees ($35).
On the next screen select your child's name, and then below that there is a box to type in the name of the sport they played. Select the blue “check out” button and pay on the next screen. Thank you!
Follow this LINK to make your payment online.
Men's Soccer news:
Madison Athletics is happy to announce Jeremy Sutter as our new head men’s soccer coach! Coach Sutter has been a part of the Madison Soccer since 2015 as an assistant coach. Current assistant coach Adam Stone will return next fall as well, and will be joined by Keith Vidos and Ben Grosscup to round out our staff. Welcome all!
Anyone who is interested in trying out for the team next fall, join us for summer workouts (see flyer below) and join the REMIND team app for news and updates:
SUMMER CONDITIONING SCHEDULES:
Summer workouts are open to current Madison students and incoming Madison freshmen only. Note that our locations will be split between Madison and Marshall campus this summer, so check each team listing for details. Tryouts for fall teams (cross country, soccer, football, and volleyball) will begin on Monday, August 19. See the flyer below for locations and times.
YOUTH SUMMER CAMP INFORMATION:
- Madison and Lincoln high schools are teaming up with Nike for a summer Cross Country training camp. Click this LINK for more details!
- Girls Basketball: Check this informational FLYER, and register in person on the first day fo camp.
- Volleyball: click on this FLYER for information, or sign up with this REGISTRATION FORM.
Check out photos of our Senator athletes on our PTSA website!
Click this link or visit https://www.madisonsenators.com/athletics to view.
WELCOME TO MADISON HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS!
- All students must have a current physical (within 2 years) to participate in high school sports (does not apply to band/choir).
- Fall sports (soccer, cross-country, volleyball, football) begin meeting in June!
FOLLOW MADISON SPORTS TEAMS
For current information about our sports teams, scores, photo galleries, and more, check out the Madison Athletics web page at http://madisonathletics.net.
You can also follow us on Twitter @MadSenators
Join our Facebook page: Madison Senator Athletics
Check out videos of our athletes on YouTube: search for Madison Senator Athletics
MADISON YOUTH SPORTS
Middle school students in the Madison area can participate in Portland Interscholastic League Youth Sports programs. For information and registration forms for Youth Sports, see our website at: madisonathletics.net or http://madisonyouthsports.weebly.com/
If you have any questions about our programs, please contact us:
Madison HS Principal: Petra Callin
Madison HS main office: M-F, 503-916-5200
Athletic Director: Tyler Kelleher firstname.lastname@example.org x 79364
Athletics Secretary: Kerry Graves email@example.com, room B-4, 9;30 am - 3:30 pm x79383
Athletics Office: 503-916-5220
For details about Madison Athletics, including coach contacts, team schedules, scores and photos, please check the Madison Athletics website at madisonathletics.net.
Athletic Participation Requirements
REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN ATHLETICS:
Madison High School encourages all students to to participate in athletics! To join a team, students must fulfill academic requirements and register proof of a current physical exam to be eligible. Additional forms and fees also need to be submitted to participate.
REQUIRED FEES: (new for 2018-19)
- pay the required fees--all Madison teams cost $200 per season ($400 annual maximum)
- Free and Reduced lunch students only pay $35 per season ($70 annual maximum)
Students who fail to meet any of these 3 requirements are not eligible to participate in sports:
- student must have passed 5 classes the previous semester.
- student must be enrolled and passing 5 classes in the current semester.
- student must be making satisfactory progress toward graduation by earning the minimum number of credits:(4.5 credits by the start of 10th grade, 10 credits by the start of 11th grade, 17 credits by the start of 12th grade)
- student must have earned the following GPA the previous quarter:
2.0 with no Fs or 2.5 with one F
Students who do not meet this requirement may register but will be placed on academic probation for the current season. Please contact the athletics office if you have questions about academic probation.
Students must submit a current approved physical form to the Athletics Department prior to participating in sports. The form will be valid for 2 years, and does not need to be filled out for additional sports within the current year. Generally, students will need to complete these their Freshman and Junior years.
SPORTS PHYSICAL FORM: English
Students who have a valid physical on file will only need to submit an Update form during the alternate year (generally Sophomore and Senior years).
Incoming freshmen: YOU WILL NEED TO HAND IN A NEW FORM TO MADISON ATHLETICS. If you participated in PIL Youth Athletics, please see the Athletics Secretary to see if your physical is still current to play.
Students/families must also submit the following items to participate: