Welcome to Madison Athletics!
Hello, Spring athletics families,
We are following the guidelines set by both the Oregon School Activities Association and PPS regarding athletics practices and games in the coming weeks. The directions from the OSAA are:
OSAA SUSPENDS PRACTICES AND CONTESTS THROUGH MARCH 31
March 13, 2020 – (Wilsonville, OR)
Per Governor Brown’s announcement regarding school closures, the Oregon School Activities Association (OSAA) has suspended interscholastic practices and contests for sports and activities for all member schools effective today through March 31.
During this suspension we will evaluate this evolving public health situation with the Oregon Health Authority, the Oregon Department of Education, the OSAA Executive Board, the OSAA Sports Medicine Advisory Committee and member school administrators from throughout the state to determine when, or if, to resume the spring season.
So, to recap, students do not have practice on 3/13, and will not resume practices or games until Wednesday, April 1st.
- Game schedules will be subject to change. For updated schedules see the OSAA website at http://www.osaa.org/schools/151 and click on the team name.
2020 Spring season schedules: we are finalizing details of our seasons. As we complete them, they will be posted here. Due to weather, spring schedules are always very changeable!
Baseball: practices at the field at Marshall Campus east of the track.
Softball: practices at Lents Park
Golf: practice at Rose City Golf Course
Tennis: practice at Glenhaven Park courts
Track and Field: practice at the Marshall Campus track
Due to weather conditions in spring, all practices/games are subject to change. Check back here for the most updated information.
SUMMER CAMPS AND WORKOUTS: As coaches plan their summer calendars, we will post information for each sport. Check back often for updates!
CROSS COUNTRY: July 26-30
To register for a team:
- Reminder: All athletes must register online with Family ID, either upload or hand in a paper copy of their current physical, AND pay a pay-to-play fee before they join a team.
- Madison's link to Family ID: https://www.familyid.com/madison-high-school-2
- Fees can be paid in person through athletics or to our bookkeeper by card/check/cash, or online with a credit/debit card through Schoolpay.com. Use this LINK to go directly to the athletics payment screen.
On the payment screen, select which sport (1st or 2nd) this is for your child this year. Choose which fee you will be paying. The adjusted fee is for free and reduced fees ($35).
On the next screen select your child's name, and then below that there is a box to type in the name of the sport they will play. Select the blue “check out” button and pay on the next screen.
If you wish to prepay for a second sport for later this year, select the "add and continue shopping" which directs you back to the first screen again. Choose a 2nd sport and enter name and team again. For cut teams like basketball, you may also wait to be sure your child makes the team.
- Remember each student only has to pay for 2 sports each year. If you play 3, the third is free!
MADISON SENATORS NEED YOU! Would your business like to sponsor Madison's athletes? Contact Athletic Director Tyler Kelleher, or fill out the Sponsorship Form through the link below and we will be in touch with you! Thank you, Senators supporters!
Check out photos of our Senator athletes on our PTSA website!
Click this link or visit https://www.madisonsenators.com/athletics to view.
WELCOME TO MADISON HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS!
- All students must have a current physical (within 2 years) to participate in high school sports (does not apply to band/choir).
- Fall sports (soccer, cross-country, volleyball, football) begin meeting in June!
FOLLOW MADISON SPORTS TEAMS
For current information about our sports teams, scores, photo galleries, and more, check out the Madison Athletics web page at http://madisonathletics.net.
You can also follow us on Twitter @MadSenators
Join our Facebook page: Madison Senator Athletics
Check out videos of our athletes on YouTube: search for Madison Senator Athletics
MADISON YOUTH SPORTS
Middle school students in the Madison area can participate in Portland Interscholastic League Youth Sports programs. For information and registration forms for Youth Sports, see our website at: madisonathletics.net or http://madisonyouthsports.weebly.com/
If you have any questions about our programs, please contact us:
Madison HS Principal: Adam Skyles
Madison HS main office: M-F, 503-916-5200
Athletic Director: Tyler Kelleher email@example.com x 86171
Athletics Secretary: Kerry Graves firstname.lastname@example.org, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm x 86170
Athletics Office: Room A 27B, 503-916-5220 x 65227
For details about Madison Athletics, including coach contacts, team schedules, scores and photos, please check the Madison Athletics website at madisonathletics.net.
Athletic Participation Requirements
REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN ATHLETICS:
Madison High School encourages all students to to participate in athletics! To join a team, students must fulfill academic requirements and register proof of a current physical exam to be eligible. Additional forms and fees also need to be submitted to participate.
- pay the required fees--all Madison teams cost $200 per season ($400 annual maximum)
- Free and Reduced lunch students only pay $35 per season ($70 annual maximum)
Students who fail to meet any of these 3 requirements are not eligible to participate in sports:
- student must have passed 5 classes the previous semester.
- student must be enrolled and passing 5 classes in the current semester.
- student must be making satisfactory progress toward graduation by earning the minimum number of credits:(4.5 credits by the start of 10th grade, 10 credits by the start of 11th grade, 17 credits by the start of 12th grade)
- student must have earned the following GPA the previous quarter:
2.0 with no Fs or 2.5 with one F
Students who do not meet this requirement may register but will be placed on academic probation for the current season. Please contact the athletics office if you have questions about academic probation.
Students must submit a current approved physical form to the Athletics Department prior to participating in sports. The exam will be valid for 2 years, and does not need to be filled out for additional sports within the current year. Generally, students will need to complete these their Freshman and Junior years.
SPORTS PHYSICAL FORM: English
YOU WILL NEED TO HAND IN A NEW FORM TO MADISON ATHLETICS. If you participated in PIL Youth Athletics, please see the Athletics Secretary to see if your physical is still current to play.
- if applicable, additional forms for exchange students, transfer, or home-schooled students are required
SAVE THE DATE! June 10, 2020.
Join in the fun at the upcoming 2020 PIL Golf Open, which is the primary fundraiser to support PIL Youth athletics programs. It will be held at The Reserve Vinyard and Golf Club. For details, CLICK HERE.
Watch the 2019 PIL Open Golf Tournament Video.
For more information about PIL sports and youth programming, check our website at www.pilathletics.com.