Senior Year & Graduation
Graduation for the class of 2019 is at 8pm, June 2 at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Order Graduation Regalia
Pick up your Josten’s packet for cap and gown orders in Counseling. Order forms due on Friday Oct. 26. It is optional to by senior swag and graduation announcements.
Begin Shopping Here
Important Senior Dates:
May 1, 2019 - Decision Day Celebration
May 10, 2019 - May Fete Assembly 9:30am
May 11, 2019 - Prom - Oregon Zoo
May 29 & 30 - Senior Finals
May 31, 2019 - Senior Breakfast/Assembly/Checkout
May 30, 2019 - Seniors last day of school
June 2, 2019 - Graduation 8pm
June 2, 2019 - All night grad party following celemony
PPS DIPLOMA REQUIREMENTS & CAREER EXPLORATION
In addition to meeting the credit requirements, PPS students demonstrate proficiency in three Essential Skills: Reading, Writing and Mathematics. The primary manner to demonstrate any Essential Skill is to meet, in the specified area, on the Smarter Balanced Assessment. If students are not able to meet through this option, then they can demonstrate their proficiency for an Essential Skill by completing an alternative assessment or work sample. PPS graduates also complete three Personalized Learning Diplom Requirements (PLRs):
- Two (2) short reflections on Career Related Learning Experiences
- My Plan
The Resume and My Plan are assignments in Senior English, but you can complete your CRLE Reflection any time after you complete a job shadow, internship, career-related field trip, etc. Find the CRLE Reflection assignment in the Senior Google Classroom. Using your @apps4pps.net to join the 2019 classroom using the code iddwdya.
A Career Related Learning Experience can offer you a unique topic for a college essay or scholarship interview too. Exploring your interests and career options can also help you determine your next steps after high school. See Career Coordinator Meg Kilmer in the Counseling about job shadowing, career day events and volunteering. She has career assessments and college research tools for students too.
Graduation Ceremony Prep:
Graduation is an exciting time and students and families eagerly look forward to the festivities. Please be sure support LHS and your participation in the ceremony by following student handbook policies.
Order a cap and gown (Fall):
Contact www.jostens.com/contact . All students are required to wear a cap and gown to be part of the ceremony. Please contact your student's counselor if you have any questions.
Senior check-out May 31st:
All seniors are required to pay any LHS fees prior to receiving graduation tickets and their physical diploma. Letters detailing unpaid fee (i.e. lost textbooks, library and parking fees) information are sent out in early May.
CHECK OUT FAST PASS
Want to skip Senior Check Out? Then use our Fast Pass Check Out, May 20-24th
Step 1 – Turn in your books to the bookroom and receive a cleared signature from Ms. Royal (you will not be able to complete the Fast Pass Check Out if you are still using any of your books)
Step 2 – Clean out your locker and receive a cleared signature from Mr. Caples or Mr. Accosta
Step 3 – Receive a cleared signature from Ms. Kilmer or Ms. Leathers in counseling clearing your PLR’s (Personalized Learning Requirements)
Step 4 – Bring your cleared form to the check-out window at Room 104 during lunch to pay any fines you owe and receive your graduation tickets. You may pay your fines on SchoolPay.
After clearing fees and meeting all graduation requirements prior to or at senior check-out, seniors will receive 8 tickets each. Students can request more tickets after the check-out process is complete by signing up on the waiting list in the Counseling Office. Students will receive extra tickets, if available, May 31st. Please note, due to our increased number of seniors, additional tickets may not be available.
- MANDATORY Rehearsal for Commencement, June 2th at 12:00 am at Memorial Coliseum
- Commencement, Sunday, June 2th, 8:00 pm at Memorial Coliseum
- Seniors should arrive at the Coliseum no later than 7:15 pm
- Wear regular clothes, carrying cap and gown - students are not allowed to alter their gown.
PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TRAVEL TIME FOR BRIDGE LIFTS AND DETOURS DUE TO ROSE FESTIVAL ACTIVITIES.
Graduation location and parking:
The ceremony will be held at the Memorial Coliseum. This is a formal ceremony and students are expected to honor conduct guidelines. Parking fees apply as posted, there is no free or validated parking. Families needing information about handicap access, wheelchair escorts and seating should contact the Coliseum directly at 503-235-8771 or 503-797-9712.
Senior All-Night Grad Party (immediately follows ceremony):
The Senior All Night Grad Party is an event planned by senior parents and not the school. Students and parents can print out the graduation party waiver/medical form and submit it with the registration fee ($100, payable to Friends of Lincoln). Check your fall registration receipt to see if you've paid this amount already--if so, just send in the form to the senior grad party mail box in the main office. Questions? Want to help? Partial scholarships are available on request, see your counselor.
1. Am I allowed to wear my siblings gown from a previous year? Yes, if you have a sibling that graduated from Lincoln High School, you can wear the same gown and cap.
2. Do I have to order my gown from Jostens? Yes, if you are not wearing a gown from a sibling, you need to purchase your gown from Jostens so all graduates are wearing the same gown type, style and color. We do have a few gowns that can be borrowed, see your counselor.
3. How many graduation tickets will I receive? Each student receives 8 tickets.
4. How can I get more graduation tickets? After the student goes through senior check you can sign up on a waiting list for additional tickets. Tickets will be given out the day after senior check out.
5. What do I do with my cap and gown after graduation? You are welcome to donate it back to Lincoln High School for others to borrow if they have a need.
6. Do I have to attend rehearsal? Yes, we need all seniors to attend rehearsal. There are many steps to graduation and rehearsal ensures that we all know our part and how to carry out our roles.
Questions about ordering?
Phone: 1-800-Jostens (567-8367)
Yearbook Info for Seniors:
Senior Portraits: Seniors are able to take and submit a photo of their choosing for the Senior section of the yearbook. Portraits must be submitted by November 30, 2018.
You can use the link above if you are a current Lincoln student only.
- Two (2) short reflections on Career Related Learning Experiences