Rated one of “America’s Best High Schools” in 2018 by US News and World Report, Newsweek, and the Washington Post!
Facts & Mission Statement
Get to know us
Overviews: an overview of our School History
Our VISION: Lincoln High School students will be responsible, creative members of our global community with a passion for life-long learning and the confidence and skills necessary to embrace human diversity, advance equity and contribute to their community as innovative stewards of our planet.
Our MISSION Statement: As an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, Lincoln emphasizes a global curriculum in which all students find belonging and reach their full potential. Lincoln strives to meet the needs of every learner in a positive, supportive environment and to provide the highest quality college and career preparation through the IB program, College and Career Technical Education (CTE), Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID), and robust extra-curricular opportunities.
These programs encourage students to think creatively, critically, and reflectively so they can be responsive to cultural and individual diversity and become compassionate, contributing members of our global community.
Our GOALS: Lincoln High School will provide each student with the opportunity to:
- master the basic skills in reading, writing, speaking, listening, observing, analyzing and computing;
- think critically, logically and imaginatively to identify, analyze and solve problems using a variety of techniques;
- develop an understanding of scientific processes and principles and the skills necessary to use technology;
- develop knowledge and understanding of history, political and economic systems, institutions and the
- demands of responsible national and world citizenship;
- develop a respect for one’s own and other people’s cultures and languages; to develop insight into personal values and ethical principles; and to be able to live and work cooperatively with others;
- understand and practice the skills and balance necessary to develop, protect and enhance physical and mental health and to make appropriate decisions affecting their future;
- develop time management skills.