Parent & Faculty Panel for families supporting learning differences at Lincoln.
Tuesday Sept 24th 7-8:30pm in Room 169
Dear Lincoln families,
Learning differences can be hard for teens and families, especially at a large comprehensive high school like Lincoln. We know kids with learning differences are bright, creative, resourceful and often more sensitive. Come join parents who would like to support each other, share advocacy strategies, hear from faculty, and help Lincoln better serve all students. This parent group was formed last year in partnership with Principal Chapman to help her and Lincoln’s staff best serve diverse learners.
PALS (Parent Advocates for Learning Success)
PALS group mission is to advocate for our Lincoln students with learning differences. The ways in which this group will do so include:
· Share strategies on how best to advocate for your child
· Educate teachers on how best to support IEP/504 student needs
· Partner with Lincoln’s administrators to improve Lincoln’s learning environment for students with learning differences
· Provide access to resources (e.g SAT/ACT accommodation education, counselor resources available, recent articles/books ...)
· Advocate for additional resource to support our students, particularly students with a 504 where less resource is available and students are at high risk.
FIRST MEETING AGENDA
· Share PALS Mission Statement & Approach Last Year
· Topline Lincoln resources available to parents
· Panel Introductions & Discussion
· Parent Q&A
All are welcome. Please join us for an informative discussion.
10th graders – No Cost. The district has covered this cost for ALL current 10th grade PPS students and they are automatically registered. Student Guides were distributed to sophomores during English classes on 9/5 & 9/6.
11th graders - $20. This test is OPTIONAL for current 11th graders. Note: National Merit Scholarship Program eligibility requires PSAT scores taken during the 11th grade year only. Please disregard cost if you have prepaid during summer registration or on SchoolPay. If you are on Free & Reduced lunch and would like to take the exam at no charge, please email Laura Lambert. Payment deadline is Sunday, Oct 13th on Schoolpay. Space is limited. Making payment will automatically sign the student up for the test. Juniors, who have paid, may pick up Student Guide in room 104.