Naviance | Student
Lincoln students typically set up their Naviance account in a 9th grade class like Freshman Leadership & Inquiry, AVID 9 or College & Career Exploration during a career exploration activity. Your email address (not @apps4pps.net account) becomes your username and you choose your password. If you need help returning to Naviance, use the "forgot password feature" before asking for help from your counselor, the counseling secretary or career coordinator.
First time user? Visit the Counseling Center! The secretary or a parent volunteer can provide you with your one-time registration code and the instructions for signing in.
Naviance Student is a mobile-friendly website that you can use to plan for college and a career. Naviance Student is linked with Naviance by Hobsons, a service that LHS counselors use to track and analyze data about college and career plans and electronically send recommendations and transcripts to colleges when seniors ask us to do so. This website allows you to:
- Research careers – Research hundreds of careers and career clusters, and take career assessments
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Complete online surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from our school about applications and admissions decision for recent (anonymous) LHS students
- See a list of upcoming college visits to Lincoln (if a college is in your Naviance interest list, you'll get an automated email about their visit to our campus)
- Stay organized – Create goals and to-dos, and complete tasks assigned to you by the school to better prepare yourself for your future college and career goals
Naviance | Teacher Desk
Faculty who agree to write college recommendation letters for seniors will need a Naviance account. The Counseling Secretary will create your account upon your request. Naviance will send you an email with our school account name, your username and a temporary password as well as the URL to access Naviance Teacher Desk.
The video below demonstrates how to 1) review student requests, 2) upload a PDF or .doc, 3) complete a Common Application form when needed and 4) how to submit your letter to the colleges requested by your students. Notice that clickable prompts allow you to move around in the video in a way that works for you. In the beginning, it asks if you want to watch the intro or skip it. You must choose an option to move on. Additionally, the video will stop once more to let you jump around to different areas to learn more about that topic
Use the following documents to guide you through the new in 2018-19 steps: