Distance Learning Attendance Protocols
Students will have 24 hours (from 12:01 a.m. until 11:59 p.m.) to participate in one of the following ways:
- Participating in a video class.
- Communication from the student to the teacher via chat, text message, communication app, or email.
- A phone call between the teacher or EA/Paraprofessional with the student, or, for younger students, with the parent.
- Posting completed coursework to a learning management system or web-based platform or via email.
- Turning in complete coursework on a given day.
Please note that students in grades 9-12 must attend in one of the above mentioned ways for every scheduled class on a particular day. Students who do not participate will be marked absent for the day no contact was made.
If a parents need to excuse an abence from class, parents may email our attendance secretary, Jennifer Herbst, at firstname.lastname@example.org