Take Assessments, Explore Careers, Learn about Education Programs
Exploring Interests, Careers, and Educational Programs on Your Own
Oregon Career Information System (OR CIS): Interested in exploring occupations BEFORE setting up a job shadow or applying for an internship? OR CIS has excellent exploration tools! Logging in:
- Go to your My.PPS login page and click on the Oregon CIS icon (This automatically logs you in). See this VIDEO for a small tutorial on logging
- From the login page (Dashboard) go to "Explore Resources"
- Select "Occupations" and consider completing the Interest Profiler, Skills, and Work Importance Locator assessments. Your results will automatically save to your account (from Dashboard, click on "Saved Work")
- Learn about Education and Training and Occupations also in the "Explore Resources" tab
- When you click on "Learn about Occupations" you can expore career clusters or view the Occupation List
- When you click "Education and Training" then "Programs of study and Training" you can explore possible college majors and other types of training
- When you select a specific occupation, you can learn about the skills, abilities, work activities, job outlook, related educational training (majors), related occupations and more!
- See occupations or programs of study you like? Save them (click on the star) to look at again later from your Dashboard under "Saved Work"
MaiaLeaning for LHS College Application Materials, Exploration, and More!
- Go to https://www.maialearning.com/#/ Log-in using the Single Sign-on option using your regular PPS log-in information
- From your Dashboard, choose "Assessments" from the "Character" tab and start with the one called "Personality"
- Explore Universities using the Filters provided, add any you are interested to "Considering List" or "Applying List"
- Explore Careers using the Career Search tab and save any that interest you to your "Career List"
- Other options: Complete topics under Portfolio and utilize MaiaDrive to upload files for college application process
- "Resources" utilize MaiaLearning Resources for many excellent information and exploration tools
Free Strengths Assessment
Want to identify your strengths? Use the FREE High 5 Strengths assessment to identify your top 5 strengths. Answer 100 questions and get your results immediately. https://high5test.com/
An amazing resource of video informational interviews and specific career details from those interviewed.
- Go to www.roadtripnation.com
- Under the "Career Exploration" tab, select "Interests"
- Click on one of the interest themes you want to learn more about
- Click on the name of the person to see a highlight video from an information interview conducted (the entire video is only available to "premium subscribers," which we aren't)
- Keep scrolling down from the video link to see the person's milestones in their career path, education, career details, and hurdles they identify.