2021 Exam Registration
IB Test Registration Meeting: online informational meeting on October 7th!
Meeting Link: https://meet.google.com/dbx-htem-jww
Parents of Juniors: 6:00pm-7:00pm.
Parents of Seniors: 7:00-8:00pm
The meeting is recommended for families who would like more information on:
- IB assessment & registration
- Modifications to the IB curriculum as a result of distance learning.
- Potential benefits of participating in IB assessment
- IB and college admissions
IB Exam Registration for JUNIORS and SENIORS
- Online registration is open for course candidates from Wednesday, October 7th until Wednesday, October 21st. Course candidates can register HERE. Diploma and Anticipated students will register through Managebac.
- All candidates must have their Parent or Guardian complete the Parent/Guardian Confirmation form.
- The fee is $119 per exam. Fees can be paid on SchoolPay. LHS is committed to removing all financial barriers associated with testing. Students will be able to indicate the need for financial assistance as part of the registration process. Payment or arrangements for financial assistance is is due by Friday, November 6.
- Exams will take place between April 29 - May 20. You can view Lincoln’s schedule HERE.
- Check out 2021 IB Assessment Changes at a Glance.
- Learn more about 2021 IB Assessment Modified Marks, Weightings, and Examination Times.
- Browse a list of University Recognition Policies by country HERE.
- Check out Washington State's new credit policy search tool HERE.
The Benefits of Taking IB Exams
Taking an IB exam for an IB class completes the assessment cycle for that course. The exam confirms and affirms the learning that took place and builds confidence in students. The official scores on the exams may earn students college credit or advanced placement in college classes. Students who take IB courses and the accompanying exams are better prepared for the work they will face in college.
How to Decide Which IB Exams to Take
IB exams may only be taken by juniors and seniors. You must be in the final year of the IB course in order to test. Full diploma candidates will need to assess in 6 subjects overall. Full diploma candidates may take up to two IB exams towards their IB diploma in their junior year. If the student is not a candidate for the full IB diploma, they are considered IB Course candidates. These students earn an IB Course certificate upon the successful completion of the IB exam for a given subject. Course candidates may register for as many exams as they wish.
Changes and Cancellations
Exam registration can be cancelled up until January 6 without penalty. There are NO REFUNDS after January 15. Late fees are applied for changes or new exam registrations after November 6.
We cannot move exam dates. IB Exams do sometimes conflict with OSAA, band or other events. It is the student's responsibility to check the schedule and make sure there are no personal conflicts.
Release of IB scores
IB scores are released online in July. Students will be given a password and PIN to access their IB account. Students use their IB account information to log into the website http://candidates.ibo.org where they may check their scores and request IB transcripts. IB transcripts for seniors are automatically sent to the college that the student designates in MAIA.
IB Exam Results & Diplomas
Congratulations to all the students who have completed their IB Exams!! The PIN codes that students will need to access their scores are emailed after exams are completed. Exam scores will be available on July 6th. Students who are receiving a diploma will be able to pick those up in September at Lincoln High School.
Find the IB Office in the Counseling Center in Main Hall.
Kim Bliss, IB Coordinator
email@example.com |(503) 916-5200
Rachel McCormick, IB Assistant