The Portland DART School works to be a vibrant and caring learning community where children and youth in Long Term Care and Treatment learn to see themselves as positive and successful learners. Our mission is to provide a structured, supported and safe educational setting where academic and emotional growth are balanced and prized and where students are prepared and motivated to be contributing citizens of a diverse multicultural and international community.
The Portland DART School works side-by-side with mental health care agencies to provide students school services to increase achievement in many academic areas while the students are receiving day or residential mental health treatment. Students at the Portland DART School have the opportunity to:
- Learn at your own pace
- Flourish in a small, inclusive welcoming environment
- Master life skills such as time management and conflict resolution
- Participate in Smarter Balanced State Testing
- Participate in ACT and PSAT college prep testing
- Graduate with PPS or Oregon Diploma
- Small classes - about 10 students for every teacher.
- Dedicated, highly qualified teachers know their students by their names, faces and dreams for the future.
- Students of all cultures celebrated, welcomed and nurtured.
- Special Education, mental health and ESL on-site.
- Students have the opportunity to earn up to .25 credit per class, per term.
- All middle and high school students are offered courses in the core content areas of math, science, language arts and social studies.
- Self-paced and interactive group classes available.
- All classes meet the requirements for a PPS/OR diploma