We provide meaningful language access to linguistically and culturally diverse parents by offering translated printed and digital materials, qualified language interpreters, and support effective communication between the district and its multilingual communities.
Why we need translation and interpretation services at PPS
- Every school is required to provide interpreters upon demand.
- Every school must have emergency contact procedures available in selected languages.
- Schools must have a system in place for linguistically diverse parents who wish to contact a compliance officer.
- We believe in language access as a pillar of our equity commitment.
Schools must communicate information to linguistically and culturally diverse parents in a language they can understand about any program, service, or activity that is called to the attention of parents who are proficient in English. Learn more.
Language access support
- Schools/Programs: Open House, Back-to-School Night, Kindergarten Roundup, PTA, Site Council
- District/Central Offices: Board policies, Board meetings, messages from the Superintendent
- Parents/Students/Community: IEP Meetings, Parent-Teacher Conferences, sharing concerns, input, feedback, recommendations
Language access for teacher/parent conference
Watch this video and learn how interpreters support the District's efforts to engage linguistically and culturally diverse families during teacher/parent conferences.
PPS Multilingual Phone Services
A service for parents or guardians (in the five PPS supported languages) to communicate with schools regarding attendance, achievement, behavior, assessment, evaluation, registration, parent /teacher conferences, special instruction, disciplinary matters.
中文 | Chinese
Русский | Russian
Soomaali | Somali
Español | Spanish
Tiếng Việt | Vietnamese