Mission: To provide meaningful language access to linguistically and culturally diverse parents by offering translated printed and digital materials, qualified language interpreters, and effective outreach and engagement.
Why we need translation and interpretation services at PPS
- Every school is required to provide interpreters upon demand.
- Every school must have emergency contact procedures available in selected languages.
- Schools must have a system in place for linguistically diverse parents who wish to contact a compliance officer.
- We believe in language access as a pillar of our equity commitment.
Schools must communicate information to linguistically and culturally diverse parents in a language they can understand about any program, service, or activity that is called to the attention of parents who are proficient in English. Learn more.
Who does TIS support
- Schools/Programs: Open House, Back-to-School Night, Kindergarten Roundup, PTA, Site Council
- District/Central Offices: Board policies, Board meetings, messages from the Superintendent
- Parents/Students/Community: IEP Meetings, Parent-Teacher Conferences, sharing concerns, input, feedback, recommendations
What is the TIS Language Line
TIS supports five languages (Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Somali and Russian) through the Language Line to facilitate daily communication regarding matters that impact a student's education.
TIS Language line can be used by parents to communicate matters regarding attendance, achievement, behavior, assessment, evaluation, registration, parent /teacher conferences, special instruction, disciplinary matters.
Language access for teacher/parent conference
Watch this video and learn how interpreters support the District's efforts to engage linguistically and culturally diverse families during teacher/parent conferences.
PPS Language Line
中文 | Chinese
Русский | Russian
Soomaali | Somali
Español | Spanish
Tiếng Việt | Vietnamese