For PISA class and enrollment information, contact:
PISA Program Administrator
Learning At Home:
Record yourself on Flipgrid: Use your phone and/or laptop to record yourself speaking.
At Home: What are you doing during the day?
I ______ in the morning/afternoon/evening/
I like to ______ at home.
Check in: What makes you happy and/or sad? Explain in words and sentences why it makes you happy? Sad?
I feel happy/sad when I ______.
I am happysad because _______.
*You can write it down first in your journal and then record yourself speaking.
At Home - 86976f58
Check-in - f065a0cd
Write in English each day
PISA is a multicultural language-focused learning community that promotes social, emotional and academic growth. We prepare diverse Newcomer students to pursue their future goals with confidence.
At Portland International Scholars Academy:
- We invest in inclusive quality instruction that honors students' racial, cultural and linguistic assets.
- We prepare every Emergent Bilingual to be ready to succeed in our schools and thrive in our community.
- Empower students to become leaders while providing
- a safe and supportive learning community
- content classes that incorporate a language focus in every lesson
- an orientation to the US educational system
- meaningful differentiated access to rigorous academic content and foundational educational skills.