Enrollment and Transfer Center
Settling into school, transitioning to the next school level or changing schools when necessary are important moments for students and families.
On these web pages you can locate, learn about and enroll in school; learn the process for transferring to a new school and learn about and follow enrollment-related policy work.
Use the left-hand navigation bar to:
- Locate your neighborhood school
- View a district map
- Learn about schools and programs, PK-12
- View Open House and Connect to Kindergarten dates
- For more information about kindergarten registration (online and paper applications), go to Early Learner Programs
- Petition and lottery systems for PPS students
- PPS lottery for students in surrounding school districts
- Foreign exchange programs
- Other types of applications
- Enrollment balancing and boundary review processes and policies and how to get involved
What Grade Should Your Child Be In?
The policy (numbered 4.10.090-P, and titled "Compulsory Enrollment; Age and Grade Level at Entrance") contains specific guidelines based on age, grades enrolled in or completed outside the district, available records and other factors.
To determine the grade a new-to-PPS student should be in, follow the chart at right (click on the image to see a full-sized PDF), and read the full policy.
Ask For Help
- Call 503-916-3205 to speak with an Enrollment & Transfer specialist. Staff is available to help in English, Spanish & Russian.
- Call for help in other languages: Vietnamese 503-916-3584, Chinese 503-916-3585 & Somali 503-916-3586.
- Email your questions to email@example.com.
- Visit the Enrollment & Transfer Center in person at 501 N. Dixon St, Suite 140