Policies and Administrative Directives
A district rule or guideline, either new or revised, that has been passed by a Board vote.
The procedural plan, created by the Superintendent and his staff, to implement a Board policy.
A proposed district rule or guideline that has been introduced for consideration at a Board meeting. Draft Policies may be new policies or existing policies that are revised or updated. Draft Policies include a 21-day comment period during which the public is invited to offer feedback or data to inform the Board’s decision. Please see the information below under "Draft Policies" or visit the Draft Policies page to view the current policies and provide public comment.
Draft Policies in the Public Comment Period
Click on a draft policy name below to view and provide feedback on proposed PPS rules and guidelines.
The Portland Public School District is providing Notice of Proposed Policy Adoption Public Comment to offer interested parties reasonable opportunity to submit data or comments on the proposed policies listed below.
Public comment may be submitted in writing by:
- Email: Schoolboard@pps.net
- Draft Policy Comment Form: https://forms.gle/VqYbmVA36qqADj6n6
Written comments must be submitted by 5:00pm on the last day comments are due.
Current Draft Policies
- 3.30-020-P Limitations on Use of Facilities and Grounds - All Groups or Individuals
- 3.30.030-P Limitations on Use of Facilities and Grounds - (Non-students)
Open for Comment until at least June 13, 2023
First Reading 5/23/23
Open for Public Comment until at least June 13, 2023
2nd First Reading 5/23/23
1st First Reading 3/7/23
Public Board Meetings
To find out when Board Meetings are scheduled:
- View the Public Notices Page.
- View the 2022/2023 Regular Meeting Schedule.
- Subscribe to Public Notice email notifications: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be added to the Public Notice mailing list. After an email address has been subscribed to the mailing list, notice of a Public Meeting of the School Board will be sent prior to each scheduled meeting.
See the PPS Board in Action
Upcoming Board Meetings
June 13, 2023
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM School Board- Regular Meeting
June 14, 2023
4:00 PM - 5:30 PM School Board- Facilities and Operations Committee Meeting
June 22, 2023
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM School Board- Policy Committee Meeting
June 27, 2023
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM School Board- Work Session with a vote on a consent agenda
June 28, 2023
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM School Board- Intergovernmental Committee