Student Success Center (SSC)
About the Program
Student Success Center is a discipline program serving students as an alternative to expulsion. SSC serves PPS students in grades 6th through 12th who have had a hearing and a hearings officer has deemed that the student is willing to participate in the program and address the behaviors that are getting in the way of student success. We offer a 3 week intensive behavioral skill intervention, Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 12:30pm, which includes:
- Emotional Regulation
- Conflict Regulation
- Healthy Choices
- Decision-making/Goal setting
- Collaborate with school staff and the designated transition support person at the student's school
- Develop a strength-based re-engagement plan which includes recommendations from school based or community-based Mental Health/Drug/Alcohol Assessments
- Facilitate a re-engagement meeting at the home school which welcomes the student back and to go over their re-engagement plan and school's expectations
How does a Student get Referred?
- Delayed Expulsion - As a result of a hearing
- Non-Disciplinary - After all Tier 2 interventions have been exhausted, including mental health/drug and alcohol assessment referrals, a student may be referred on a non-disciplinary basis. Schools must provide data documenting that previous interventions have been unsuccessful or the referral will not be approved. Please submit the attached "Non-Disciplinary Screening Form" to email@example.com
- If SSC approves the referral, the school must then meet with the family to discuss SSC as an intervention and sign the "Non-Disciplinary Parent Permission Sheet"
When Do Students Start SSC?
After SSC staff receives the referral, parent/guardian and student will be contacted and asked to come to the SSC building for a family intake interview. After this meeting, SSC begins new students on Mondays as space permits. SSC starts a new 3-week cycle every Monday.
How do Students get to SSC?
- Bus tickets are provided on a daily basis unless the student has a bus pass.
- Bus Information: Trimet Schedule If transportation is being provided through a student's IEP, the sending school will coordinate and schedule transportation at least 10 days in advance of their start date of SSC.
- Parents may also transport.
Student Success Center
Information Materials and Forms
Please call the Student Success Center for more information at 503.916.5494 or Student Success at 503.916.5460.
Location & Contacts
FX: (503) 916-2749