Migrant education funds support high-quality education programs for migrant children and help ensure that migrants who move between states are not penalized in any way for disparities among states in the curriculum, graduation requirements or the state academic content and the standards of academic achievement of the students.
The goal of the Migrant Education Program is to ensure that all migrant students reach challenging academic standards and graduate with a high school diploma that prepares students for further learning and productive employment.
To see if you qualify please click below and answer a 1 minute questionnaire.
Free services may include:
- 24-hour accident insurance for eligible students
- Migrant Parent Advisory Committee (MPAC)
- School tutoring
- Summer school for migrants PK-6
- Adult education
- Leadership conferences for high school students
- Support of social and health services and referrals to external agencies.