PPS Meals Update: How to Access Meals Starting Next Week3/25/2021
Dear PPS Families,
Meal access is critical for many of our families and we are working to ensure that meal access continues for all students, whether or not they return to school for hybrid in-person instruction or if they remain in distance learning. All school meals will continue to be free for all students in all schools, and no student ID or names are needed to receive meals.
Once a student returns to hybrid in-person instruction, meals will be served at their school at the end of each of their in-person sessions.
If a student is staying in distance learning -- or if their hybrid in-person learning has not begun -- they should visit any of our new meal distribution sites between 3:30 and 4:30 p.m. on school days to pick up meals. The list of meal distribution sites is below.
However, students in distance learning will also have the option to pick up meals from their school. Families should contact their student’s school to find the schedule for meal distribution.
New Meal Distribution Sites
For the remainder of the year, grab-and-go meals will be available between 3:30 and 4:30 p.m. on school days for all children in the community (PPS students and children not enrolled at PPS) ages 1-18.
The sites for curbside distribution:
- Beaumont Middle School, 4043 NE Fremont St.
- Franklin High School, 5405 SE Woodward St.
- George Middle School, 10000 N Burr Ave.
- Harriet Tubman Middle School, 2231 N Flint Ave.
- Hosford Middle School, 2303 SE 28th Pl.
- Ida B. Wells High School, 1151 SW Vermont St.
- Jackson Middle School, 10625 SW 35th Ave.
- Jefferson High School, 5210 N Kerby Ave.
- Lane Middle School, 7200 SE 60th Ave.
- Leodis V. McDaniel @ Marshall High School, 3905 SE 91st Ave.
- Tabor Middle School, 5800 SE Ash St.
- Ockley Green Middle School, 6031 N Montana Ave.
- Robert Gray Middle School, 5505 SW 23rd Ave.
- Roosevelt High School, 6941 N Central St.
- Roseway Heights Middle School, 7334 NE Siskiyou St.