PPS Heat Advisory for Tuesday, June 29: All Student Programs Will Be Paused, Meal Service at Parks Will Continue6/28/2021
Dear PPS Families,
Due to the continued and unprecedented extreme heat in the region, we are pausing student programs in PPS school buildings on Tuesday, June 29. This pause includes grab-and-go meal service at PPS sites, child care, and summer enrichment programs. However, we are distributing free meals at the following parks on Tuesday:
- Alberta Park (NE 19th Ave. and NE Jarrett St.): noon-1 p.m.
- Columbia Park (N Woolsey Ave. and N Winchell St.): 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Cully Park (5810 NE 72nd Ave.): noon-1 p.m.
- Essex Park (SE 76th Ave. and Center St.): 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Harrison Park (SE 84th Ave. and Harrison St.): 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Holly Farm Park (10819 SW Capitol Hwy.): noon-1 p.m.
- Irving Park (875 NE Fremont St.): noon-1 p.m.
- Kenton Park (N Delaware Ave. and N Kilpatrick St.): noon-1 p.m.
- Khunamokwst Park (5200 NE Alberta St.): 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Lents Park (SE 92nd Ave. and SE Steele St.): noon-1 p.m.
- McCoy Park (N Newman Ave. and N Newark St.): noon-1 p.m.
- Montavilla Park (NE 82nd Ave. and NE Glisan St.): noon-1 p.m.
- Scott Park (SE 72nd Ave. and SE Ramona St.): noon-1 p.m.
- Peninsula Park (700 N Rosa Parks Way): noon-1 p.m.
- Raymond Park (SE 118th Ave. and SE Liebe St.): noon-1 p.m.
- Johns Park (8427 N Central St.): 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Stephens Creek Crossing (6715 SW 26th Ave.): 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Verdell B. Rutherford (1599 SE 167th Ave.): 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Wilkes Park (NE Sandy Blvd. and NE 154th Ave.): noon-1 p.m.
We fully expect that all programs across the district will be open as usual on Wednesday, June 30. The PPS website will be updated with information as necessary: www.pps.net.
If you and your family need relief from the heat, here is some information you might find helpful:
- Multnomah County has three 24-hour cooling centers, plus libraries with air conditioning
- The Oregon Health Authority has tips to stay safe in heat
- If you know someone in need of shelter or drinking water, please dial 2-1-1, or email email@example.com
Thank you and please drink plenty of water and stay safe.