Updated Schedule for Computer Distribution Sites4/11/2020
Dear PPS Families,
We will resume computer distribution on Monday, April 13. PPS staff have spent the last two days collecting, sanitizing and packaging more computers for our students. Those efforts will continue throughout next week, and we expect that we will have enough computers for any student who does not currently have an available computer at home.
We have streamlined our process at our distribution sites for next week. In order to further ensure that the distribution of computers goes as quickly and smoothly as possible, we are asking that families who still need a computer for online learning follow these updated schedules:
- Families whose last name begins with A-M can show up Monday, April 13 to receive a student loaner computer.
- Families whose last name begins with N-Z can show up Tuesday, April 14 to receive a student loaner computer.
- All families, regardless of last name, can show up Wednesday-Friday to receive a student loaner computer.
Distribution locations will be open 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.:
- Portland Public Schools District Office - 501 N Dixon St
- Roosevelt High School - 6941 N Central St
- Franklin High School - 5405 SE Woodward St
- Jefferson High School - 5210 N Kerby Ave
To borrow a loaner computer, students should bring their student ID or ID number.
To-date, we have been able to loan over 6,000 computers to students. The health and safety of our employees, students and community is our number one priority, so PPS is following CDC guidance regarding physical distancing at our pick-up sites. For everyone’s health and safety, we are asking:
- If you are driving: Please stay in your vehicle when you arrive at the site. Our team will come to your vehicle to bring your computer to you.
- If you are walking or taking transit or rideshare: Please honor the six feet of physical distance rule. We will have a walk-up line for distribution.
- Please consider wearing a face covering per current CDC guidelines.
We are grateful for your patience and understanding and look forward to distributing more computers next week.