Wilson High School Parent Organizations Explained
The Wilson Foundation funds teaching positions, raising funds to decrease class sizes and provide a diverse range of electives. The Foundation is the only entity that can pay for staff, and contributions help mitigate cuts to our school due to district and state shortfalls. Foundation receives direct contributions from families in the form of monthly contributions on a credit card, matching gifts from employers, contributions made at House Parties, responses to direct fundraising appeals and the Auction (May 2, 2020). Last year the Foundation was able to provide funding to supplement teaching and support positions. Learn more here.
The Wilson Parent Teacher Association (PTA) supports Wilson academics and parent education. It provides academic scholarships, parent education workshops, funds for classroom projects and staff recognition. The PTA also sponsors grad night, the scrip program, and serves as a liaison and advocate for the school within the community. Visit our webpage on the Wilson school site for more information.
The Wilson High School Booster Club supports all Wilson extracurricular activities, programs and clubs. We provide financial support to sports and clubs at Wilson through a grant program. Last year we provided over $40,000 in grants, covering items such as equipment, player scholarships, camps, trainers, rental fees, transportation, speakers, etc. We provide funding beyond what is provided by the school or district budget. The Booster Club earns its funds through concession and apparel sales as well as our annual Christmas tree sale. All of these take many volunteers in order to raise the funds needed. The Booster Club also promotes school spirit, athletic excellence, teamwork and school engagement in all we do. Visit our website at www.wilsonboosterclub.com.
All of the parent organizations have volunteer opportunities for the 2019-2020 School Year. Parent volunteers are critical to the success of the school but volunteering is also fun and a great way to meet other parents, staff, students and the whole Wilson Community!
If you are interested in any of these positions and would like more information, please contact:
Wilson Booster Club President: Jessica Christiansen, email@example.com
Wilson Foundation Chair: Debora Cox, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wilson PTA President: Beth Cooke, email@example.com
The mission of the Wilson Booster Club is to financially support all Wilson High extracurricular activities, sports, programs and clubs.
The Wilson Booster Club is looking for volunteers for these roles:
- Fundraising Coordinator - Oversee fundraising committee's such as the tree sale, brick sales, concessions, etc. This role is coordination and communication. You do not (and should not) have to be involved in every committee. Time estimate of 2-3 hours per month.
- Concessions Coordinator - Coordinate concession sales. There are many volunteers that help make this happen but we need someone who can ensure everything that needs to get done, gets done. Mostly that means ensuring we have inventory of food and drink items ready to go for games. Time estimate can vary widely depending on how tasks are broken up. Minimum 2 hours per month.
- Event Chair - Manage one-time events such as back to school night and the senior bbq. Time estimate of 1 hour per month but spikes during events.
The mission of the Wilson Foundation is to maintain a high quality education at Wilson by adding teachers to reduce class sizes and increase elective choices for every student.
The Wilson Foundation is looking for volunteers for these roles:
- House Party Hosts: The Wilson House Parties will take place in October and are a great way to socialize with parents at the beginning of the school year and raise money for the Foundation. Parties can be hosted by more than 1 person, so if you would like to host with a couple friends, that is great!
- Auction Roles: The Wilson Auction is looking for committee positions: Chair (or co-chairs!), Silent Auction Chair(s), and maybe more. Procurement for the Wilson Auction is done by all of the teams, clubs and activities, so the job of the committee is mostly planning and implementation of the actual event. It is always a super fun time!
The mission of the Wilson PTA is to keep parents informed, support teachers, advocate for the Wilson community, and fund teacher grants and academic programs.