Ida B Wells High School PTA
Whether this is your first year as an Ida B. Wells parent, your last year, or somewhere in between, we know how important it is to feel well informed about what is going on in your child’s school and to feel represented. The PTA strives to keep parents informed, advocates for the entire parent community, and provides you a way to make a difference in your child’s school and education experience. We all want our children to have a high school experience that prepares them for their next adventure in a safe environment where they can learn and grow. Parent participation is a very important piece of this equation.
PTA is one of three major parent organizations at Ida B. Wells. The other two are Boosters and Foundation. Over the course of this year all three organizations will be working collaboratively. We will also be evaluating the range of activities that PTA has supported in the past, and could support in the future, with the objective of providing maximum benefit for students, parents, teachers, and the community. We want your input in this process!
Here are some ways you can get involved today:
- Dues are $30.00 individual, $50 couple, and include an electronic copy of the Ida B. Wells Student Directory.
- There are many ways to pitch in, and volunteering is great way to get to know staff and other parents.
- Above and beyond your membership dues, PTA needs your financial contributions to provide support for programs school-wide. Donations are tax-deductible. Your employer may provide matching funds for time or money you contribute—be sure to ask!
- PTA has three or four meetings a year. Meeting dates will be posted on the school calendar and reminders will be included in the weekly informational emails. In addition to our PTA meetings we offer Parent Education Nights throughout the school year on topics relating to the high school experience.
We look forward to meeting and working with you this coming year!2021-2022 PTA Board
In addition, the following people have agreed to chair these committees:
- President - Marci Forbes
- Vice President - Jalil Shamsud-Din
- Treasurer - Julie Worley
- Secretary - Trisha Lewis
- Membership - Kelly Christopherson
- Hospitality - Jessica Christiansen & Marci Forbes
- Scholarship - Michelle Marsden
Contact PTA: email@example.com
PTA Standing Rules for 2021-2022
2021-2022 PTA Standing Rules
PTA Sponsored Activities
Scrip - Update December 2021We are unable to provide scrip for purchase at this time. The scrip vendor that we have used is going out of business at the end of this year. We will provide an update in the next few months about any possible new scrip offerings. Thank you for your support of the Ida B. Wells PTA!
PTA Contact Information
Role or Project
Marci Forbes 503-887-6331
Julie Worley Treasurer.idabwellsPTA@gmail.com
Grad Night Co-Chair
Grad Night Co-Chair
Grad Night Treasurer
PTA Clothing Center
We expect meetings to be held virtually this year with credentials to be supplied in advance of each meeting. Check the Ida B Wells calendar for meeting times.
2020 PTA Minutes
2019 PTA Minutes
2014-2015 PTA Minutes
2013-2014 PTA Minutes
2012-2013 PTA Minutes
2011-2012 PTA Minutes
2010-11 PTA Minutes
2009-10 PTA Minutes
2008-09 PTA Minutes
2007-08 PTA Minutes