Library Services Available During School Closures
Let's Get Reading! at Wilson and Holds Pickup
Let's Get Reading! features 2-3 books on a theme that can be picked up. If you want something more specific, you can fill out the "Lets Get Reading" Curation Request. We will do our best to choose a few books we think you would enjoy. If you want a specific title, you can put a hold on it and pick it up We will also
Textbook and Materials Distribution- New Dates!
Due to unsafe air conditions, we are changing the dates of our textbook distribution to the following dates
- Seniors and Juniors- Monday, September 21st 2:00-7:00pm
- Sophomores and Freshmen- Tuesday, September 22nd 2:00-7:00pm
- All Grades- Make Up Pick Up Date is Wedneday, September 23rd 2:00-4:00pm
The textbooks and materials/supplies provided by teachers will be available for pick up on the front patio of the school during these dates and time. If you have not yet contributed to the 2020/2021 contributions request you can do so at schoolpay.com by logging in to your student's account using your email on file with us through synergy. PTA/Boosters and Foundation 2020/2021 membership is through schoolpay.com as well under non-profits
Library Clubs During School Closures
Library Clubs are open to everyone. Pick up a book club bag at Textbook and Materials Distribution if you want to join in.
- Oregon Battle of the Books
- Read books and answer trivia questions. We will not have tournament this year but we will have the opportunity to compete against teams from other PPS High Schools. Every team that participates will be able to battle at least two other teams.
- ORCA (Oregon Readers Choice Award) Book Club/ Pizza and Pages
- Read and discuss popular books nominated by other teens across Oregon.
- Social Justice Book Club
- Read and discuss counternarratives from a wide variety of genres including science fiction, romance, realistic fiction, memoir, and literature.
Wilson Poetry Slam
The Wilson Poetry Slam and Verselandia are currently being restructured due to school closures related to COVID-19. We will post more information when it is available.
Wilson Story Slam Thursday, February 13 at 3:30.
Tell an original story at the Wilson Story Slam. One student from Wilson will be nominated to tell their story at the PPS Interscholastic Storytelling Competition! The theme this year is "Endings."
Cassie Lanzas is delighted to join Wilson as the new teacher-librarian. Prior to Wilson, she was the teacher librarian at Robert Gray Middle School and Skyline K-8, where she focused on digital citizenship and reading engagement. Cassie started her career in education as a social studies teacher at Grant High School, where she spent over ten years and focussed on AP courses and small learning communities.
Cassie holds a Bachelor of Arts from Portland State University, a Masters of Arts in Teaching from Lewis & Clark College, a Reading Endorsement with a specialization in Young Adult Literature, and an Education Media Endorsement from Portland State University. She is focused on increasing and developing reading engagement for all students, digital citizenship, and research and inquiry skills. She is also the Oregon Battle of the Books team coach. She spends her time outside of school with her family enjoying the wide variety of activities the Pacific Northwest has to offer.