Ida B Wells High School PTA
The PTA strives to keep parents informed, advocates for the entire parent community, and provides you a way to make a difference in your child’s school and educational experience. We all want our children to have a high school experience that prepares them for their next adventure in a safe environment where they can learn and grow. Parent participation is a very important piece of this equation.
PTA is one of three major parent organizations at Ida B. Wells. The other two are Boosters and Foundation. Over the course of this year, all three organizations will be working collaboratively. We will also be evaluating the range of activities that PTA has supported in the past, and could support in the future, with the objective of providing maximum benefit for students, parents, teachers, and the community. We want your input in this process!
Here are a few things PTA fundraising supports: classroom support, staff development, scholarships, PTA Clothes Closet, Portland Council Student Aid Fund, and more.
Below are some ways you can get involved today:
- Dues are $30.00 individual, $50 couple, and include an electronic copy of the Ida B. Wells Student Directory.
- There are many ways to pitch in, and volunteering is great way to get to know staff and other parents.
- Above and beyond your membership dues, PTA needs your financial contributions to provide support for programs school-wide. Donations are tax-deductible. Your employer may provide matching funds for time or money you contribute—be sure to ask!
- PTA has three or four meetings a year. Meeting dates will be posted on the school calendar and reminders will be included in the weekly informational emails. In addition to our PTA meetings we offer Parent Education Nights throughout the school year on topics relating to the high school experience.
We look forward to meeting and working with you this coming year!2022-2023 PTA Board/Contact Information
PTA Standing Rules for 2022-2023
2022-2023 PTA Standing Rules
PTA Sponsored Activities
Scrip fundraising is gift card fundraising. You buy a gift card (a physical card or an e-card). You get the full value of the card. The brand gives a percentage of your purchase back to Ida B. Wells PTA.
Online orders (including e-cards): available monthly, all year
Fred Meyer cards: ordered the 1st Friday of each month, all year
Group order of all other physical cards: ordered the first Friday of each month, all year
Physical gift cards or e-cards can be ordered online at any time. A family account is required to order and/or pay online through the RaiseRight website or app. Physical cards can be mailed directly to you for a small fee.
To set up a family account with RaiseRight to order online:
- Email our volunteer coordinator, Martha Schulte, at email@example.com to get our unique, IBW enrollment code.
- Go to https://www.raiseright.com/enroll.
Most brands offer e-cards, which can only be ordered online. E-cards are available to you within minutes of ordering. They can also be gifted to others via email.
We will place monthly group orders of gift cards throughout the year. Our volunteer coordinator can accept orders by phone, US mail, e-mail, or text. Arrangements will be made to deliver the cards to you. When available, delivery can be made to school to be picked up from the Ida B Wells Bookkeeper in the Main Office. Checks should be made out to: Ida B. Wells HS PTA.
Our order form has many popular cards listed. Don’t see something you want? Check the Brand List on RaiseRight.com for a complete list of available cards or ask our volunteer coordinator.
Scrip Order Form: 2022-2023 Scrip Order Form
Questions? Contact our Scrip coordinator, Martha Schulte, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-936-6770.
AMAZON SMILE AND FRED MEYER COMMUNITY REWARDS
Ida B. Wells High School PTA also raises funds through Amazon Smile and Fred Meyer Community Rewards. Look for our name under each charity list to link your accounts to us.
Amazon Smile - https://smile.amazon.com/
PTA Meeting Minutes
2022 PTA Minutes
May 18, 2022