Nonprofit Organizations may apply for event sponsorships from Portland Public Schools (PPS), if they serve PPS students.
PPS has a long history of supporting and partnering with community-serving institutions that amplify our commitment to academic excellence and the success of every PPS student. Our community-serving partners have a unique and important role in helping PPS truly guarantee a 21st century school system that provides every student with an equitable, inspired, rigorous, inclusive educational experience. Together, we will build a dynamic city where our young people and their families can live, learn, work and thrive.
PPS accepts sponsorship requests for events that occur in the next two to twelve months. If your event date(s) fall out of this date range, you are not eligible to apply for sponsorship at this time. Maximum sponsorship awards are $5,000 with the majority awarded within the range of $250 - $1,000. As a public institution, we are limited in available funding to support nonprofit organizations through event sponsorship. Therefore, we are unable to support all requests.
Any 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that serves Portland Public Schools' students may submit a community event or project sponsorship request.
Strong requests will ensure PPS:
- Enhance PPS’s overall mission, consistent with the District’s strategic goals.
- We will prioritize supporting community events that provide direct support to historically underserved communities, especially communities of color.
- Build strategic relationships and partnerships with our community.
- Provide support to local organizations to foster civic engagement, consistent with the District’s strategic goals.
- Provide leadership opportunities for PPS to engage a broader constituency of stakeholders across our community.
Typically, we will not sponsor events or projects for:
- PPS PTA or PPS Local School Foundation events or projects (e.g., school auctions, paddle raisers, etc.)
- National associations, including local chapters
- Public/government agencies
- Sports leagues and their associations or friends groups
- Direct services
- Capital campaigns, including equipment
If your event does not meet these requirements but you still think your event should qualify to apply for a sponsorship, please email an explanation to please contact Lidia Lopez Gamboa, RESJ Project Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizations may submit their sponsorship application up to twelve months in advance of the start date of their event, but no later than six weeks before the start date of their event. In other words, your application deadline is six weeks before the start date of your event. For example: For an event on March 30, 2019 the application must be submitted by February 16, 2018 and no sooner than March 30, 2018.
PPS reviews sponsorship applications on a monthly basis. We will let you know the status of your application within six weeks of your application date.
Please complete the Event Sponsorship Request Application below, as long as your event meets the following eligibility requirements:
- Your organization must be able to provide documentation of your 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- Your event must take place within the PPS boundaries and serve some or all students in PPS, with priority for historically underserved communities, especially communities of color.
- PPS accepts event sponsorship requests for events that occur in the next 2 to 12 months, with a minimum of 6 weeks notice.
- Organizations are limited to receiving one sponsorship per year. If you have already received an event sponsorship from PPS during this year, please do not submit another request.
If you have any questions regarding the application process for sponsorships, please contact Lidia Lopez Gamboa, RESJ Project Manager, at email@example.com.