For attendance issues, please contact:
Kathy Lommen, Attendance Clerk
Attendance Line: 503-916-5294 (Please DO NOT leave messages regarding attendance on the main line, 503-916-5280 as those may not be received in time)
If a student was marked absent in a class before lunch, a robocall is sent at 1:00pm. For missed classes after lunch, the robocall goes out at 5:30pm. If you receive a robocall:
1) if the absence is excused and a parent/guardian forgot to contact Kathy, please call her to excuse the absence
2) if a parent/guardian receives a call but your student believes this is an error, please have your student contact the teacher of the class for that reported absence to receive more information.
3) if you received a robocall but already contacted attendance, you do not need to contact us again. We appreciate your patience as we work through daily attendance issues.
If a student is out due to illness, please contact Kathy ASAP. She will then send the Parent/Guardian a Symptom Tracking Tool to identify what symptoms the student is exhibiting and if further steps may be needed.Please email Kathy within 3 days to excuse any other types of absences
1) If a student is tardy or arriving late to school after an appointment, etc, please go directly to class. DO NOT STOP IN THE OFFICE. Parent/Guardian, please email Kathy to notify her if this late arrival is excused.LEAVING SCHOOL EARLY AND NOT RETURNING FOR THE DAY
If an appointment during the day is unavoidable:1) Parent/Guardian, please call Kathy as far ahead as possible with the details. You should not enter the building to pick up students.
2) We will call students out of their classroom at the time instructed by the parent. Students should not leave their classroom until called out.
3) The student should come to the office and sign out and meet parent/guardian outside or student drivers can leave campus.LEAVING AND RETURNING MID-DAY
Please follow the first 3 steps above but when you return, please sign back in at the Main Office.