Welcome to Kindergarten!
Starting kindergarten is an exciting time and an important step for the whole family. This webpage shares information about kindergarten and provides readiness tips to help you and your child have a confident start to school.
- Your first step for preparing for school is to register for school! School buildings are open and staff are eager to meet you and your child. For more information about registration, visit the Enrollment and Transfer Center website.
- All kindergarten classrooms are full-day and free to families. For more information about preparing for kindergarten and a typical classroom schedule, click the ABCs of Kindergarten link to the right.
- Good attendance in kindergarten helps your child be successful in school. To learn more about kindergarten attendance, visit attendanceworks.org.
- All families have an opportunity to visit the school and meet your child's teacher. Kindergarten transition meeting days will posted here soon. Contact your school for more information.
- Language Immersion starts in Kindergarten! Learn about the Language Immersion Programs offered by PPS by visiting the Dual Language Department website.
- For information about before and after school child care services, visit the child care website.