Ida B. Wells High School has a long-standing tradition of providing academic opportunities that challenge students to achieve excellence in the classroom. The Advanced Placement (AP) program at IBW demonstrates that commitment and our successes put us on par with the strongest college prep high schools in Oregon and the nation.
Ida B Wells High School has outperformed both the State of Oregon and the Global average for AP exam scores in each of the last six years. We currently offer 28 AP courses.
Why Take AP Courses?
- Rigorous coursework provides thorough preparation for post-secondary education.
- Nationally recognized AP courses make your transcript stand out in the college admissions process.
- Students earning scores of 3 or higher often earn college-level credit and placement into advanced courses allowing you to graduate sooner and save money on college tuition.
- AP courses prepare students for the Advanced Placement International Diploma.
- AP credits are also accepted at colleges and universities in over 60 countries around the world.