Jefferson High School-Middle College for Advanced Studies
In partnership with Portland Community College, Jefferson students have the opportunity to earn up to 45 college credits at no cost. As students are ready, they will move from college-preparation classes at Jefferson to college courses at PCC Cascade Campus. Students take a placement test at PCC and meet with a Middle College Coordinator to select appropriate classes.
Dual Credit Courses Offered in Conjunction with Portland State University
PSU Senior Inquiry Program – during their senior year, students earn two high school credits and up to 15 college credits at no cost. For more information visit the PSU Website.
Advanced Placement Courses
Programs for students who would like additional challenges:
- Health Careers and College Success Program
- ACE Architecture, Construction and Engineering) Mentorship Program
- Urban Opportunities Program Job Readiness/Essential Skill
- OSHU Cancer Cure Program
- N by NE Community Health Clinic
- Legacy Emmanuel Hospital
- Youth Advisory Council
- Sustainability Team
- Characteristics of gifted high school students, including gifted underachievers
- Using pre-assessments to tier lessons, grouping strategies, adjusting lessons for depth and complexity
- Review differentiation strategies with staff
- Review of OAKS scores by core departments (Science, Math, English) to determine unidentified, as well as tracking scores for identified students to identify growth patterns
Annual TAG Parent Meeting
Bulletin Board in main hall for current TAG information
Students are informed about on- and off-campus possibilities for advanced credit.