Portland Public Schools loves its volunteers!!
Volunteers with Portland Public Schools provide invaluable support in two primary ways: as individuals and through organizations.
Most volunteers give their time:
- Working with students in the classroom
- Offering curriculum enrichment to students
- Participating in school organizations such as PTAs, Local School Advisory Councils, or Booster Clubs
- Providing counsel to the school district as members of advisory committees
- Improving school grounds and buildings
Our goalsPortland Public Schools supports volunteer efforts to:
- Increase children's motivation for learning
- Enrich children's school experiences
- Strengthen school-community relations
- Build understanding of schools among citizens
The best way to volunteer is to contact schools directly. Organizations or large groups should contact PPS partnerships coordinator Andre Jackson.
Each fall, PPS organizes Project Community Care, a citywide volunteer initiative that beautifies schools.