TAG Identification (official identification, students will receive TAG services)
Defined as a group of students who demonstrate an exceptional ability in a particular area. Per Federal regulation, these students have scored between the 97th and 99th percentile meaning that they are performing at the highest level in comparison to their peers.
At this time, TAG services center primarily within each student’s classroom. We encourage each school to provide differentiated curriculum and opportunities that would promote the following:
- Creation of equity across the district
- Learning experiences of students are relevant, engaging and at their rate and level
- Experiences centered on depth and complexity beyond the curriculum
- Development of the intellectual capacity of students and provide a classroom that requires cognitive demand
- Development of the professional skill-set and capacity of teachers
- Encouragement of a culture of intellectualism
- Standardized, universal tools and processes for students and teachers
- Nurture the innate and learned gifts and talents of students in a way that is deliberate and intentional
- Positively impact our community
- Allow like peers to think and plan together in an effort to build community and prevent isolationism
- Encourage and create multiple pathways for advanced experiences
TAG Potential (official identification, students will receive TAG services)
Defined as a group of students who demonstrate an advanced or even exceptional ability in a particular area, and score between the 95th and 96th percentile. Through the use of an assessment tool and process, PPS may identify students who have potential to perform at high levels either in talent or giftedness. This definition of potential includes the intentional and substantive development of our students so their talents and gifts can be recognized, supported, and nurtured. The gifts and talents of our students are critical to the health and contribution to our society, and our community, and gives them hope and focus as productive citizens.