Project Community Care is a volunteer stewardship program designed to help care for school grounds!
Project Community Care is a branch of the Districtwide Schoolyard Program and the ‘Inspired, Sustainable, Schoolyards’ priority for the Fund for PPS.
August 2023 Community Care Day Information
To participate, school sites should:
- Recruit volunteers through flyers, newsletters, social media posts
- Ask volunteers to bring any tools for tasks (i.e. gloves, rakes, pruning shears, shovels, wheel barrows, string trimmers/weed wackers)
- Seek donations for needed extra materials or tools from home supply stores
- Have volunteers sign-in as they arrive and complete a Participation Liability Waiver, these will be emailed out a week before the event.
- Organize volunteers to complete tasks such as weeding, litter pick-up, or spreading mulch around flower beds & trees. No interior projects or specialized exterior projects are allowed.
School sites will be provided:
- Garbage and yard debris waste service
- Garbage - your current school garbage dumpster will be used. Custodians will unlock it.
- Yard debris - an open top drop box will be delivered to your site a few days before your event.
- You will have a custodian onsite if you have any issues with accessing containers.
- Mulch, 5 cubic yards per site (if requested when signing up)
- This will be delivered to your site about a week before your event.
- Yard debris collection bags
- These will be delivered to your site through the PONY system and delivered to the front office.
- CUB Permits
- These are being completed by the CUB Office Team.
- Restroom access
- Please work with your custodian so access is clear to which door into the building will be used by volunteers.
General Program Information