Forecasting Schedule, 2019-2020 (for 2020-2021 School Year)
January 9, 2020: 8:15-9:05am: Forecasting Fair
At the Forecasting Fair, students can look closely at their options so they can make informed decisions when choosing their program for next year.
Participation in the Forecasting Fair is optional. While it is going on, the majority of the staff will be conducting Tutor Time as usual, and all students will be expected to be in attendance.
Incoming 9th-graders and their parents are encouraged to attend.
Students currently in grade 9-11 will forecast online; current 8th-graders will still use paper forecasting sheets.
- February 3 & 4: Counselors visit junior-level English classes
- Complete online forecasting and meet with counsleors for the final review by February 10.
- February 11 & 12: Counselors visit sophomore-level US history classes.
- Complete online forecasting and meet with counsleors for the final review by February 17.
- February 18 & 19: Counselors visit Physics classes
- Complete online forecasting and meet with counsleors for the final review by February 24.
- Counselors will visit PPS feeder schools to beginning the forecasting process with 8th-graders
- Counselors return to feeder schools to collect forecasting forms
- January 27th 10 am, If you attend a school other than Gray, Jackson, Odyssey, or West Sylvan, this is a special session for you to meet with counselors and complete the forecasting process for freshman-year courses.
All Forecasting Completed - February 25, 2020
Forecasting is Online
This year, students will make their course choices online, except for incoming freshmen who will still fill out paper forecasting sheets. The Forecast Guide is available online only, there will be no print version. Here’s how the forecasting process will work:
- Counselors distribute forecasting forms in classrooms
- Students mark their forms with their first choices and alternates
- Parents review the form and sign to approve
- Students enter choices into Student Vue (help is available in the College Center). Students can login to StudentVUE using their regular PPS username and password. If you do not know your PPS username and password, please contact your school office.
- Students meet with their counselor (before and after school, during a free period, lunch or study hall) to finish forecasting.
Scroll down or click here for instructions on how to select courses.