All seniors must meet Portland Public School District graduation requirements in order to participate in commencement. Please stay apprised of your progress toward graduation. Remember—ONLY students who have completed ALL requirements for graduation (including credit requirements, personalized learning requirements, and demonstration of essential skills) are allowed to receive a diploma and participate in commencement exercises. No exceptions will be made.
All graduating seniors are expected to attend graduation practice. Students may be held out of the Commencement Ceremony if they don’t attend practice.
Acceptable guidelines regarding graduation are:
- Senior students are expected to wear appropriate attire.
- Senior students and members of the audience are asked to be respectful of those who are speaking and performing during the ceremony. Do not bring or use items that will distract from the ceremony such as air horns, beach balls, etc.
- Senior students are allowed to wear school-sanctioned, commercially purchased academic honor cords, sashes or medals that have been earned by participating in qualifying activities.
- The following school-based organizations qualify for honor cords/sashes/medals:
- Associated Student Body Officers
- National Honor Society
- Wilson Scholars Diploma
- Peer Counseling
- American Red Cross
- PCC Dual Credit
Senior Check-Out Procedures
Senior check-out forms must be completed, signed and returned to our bookkeeper by the designated deadline. Seniors are expected to turn in books, clean out lockers and pay fees during the check-out period. All outstanding fees must be paid prior to graduation. See our bookkeeper or call 503-916-5280 x75378 to receive an update regarding fees that are owed.