- All students can learn a second language.
- Learning takes place in a variety of settings and styles.
- A proficiency-based approach and use of best practices leads to competence.
- A substantial body of research continues to support the many benefits of starting second language acquisition as early as possible.
- A long sequenced, articulated program of study results in higher levels of proficiency.
- Second language learning fosters a sense of humanity and friendship along with an increasing understanding and sensitivity to other languages and cultures.
- Second language learning provides insights into one's first language.
- Learning one second language facilitates the learning of additional languages.
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset in many careers and for professional advancement.
- Skills and concepts acquired through a second language transfer to one's first language.
Objective: Provide access for all students to take AP/IB World Language (Intermediate High) and achieve a Seal of Biliteracy (Inter-High) by raising the proficiency outcomes of High School World Language years 1-4.
Credit by Exam: Frequently Asked Questions 2020
Student Friendly NCSSFL-ACTFL based rubric continuum for productive skills (speaking & writing)
For additional information please contact Marisol Kruezer (email@example.com 503-916-5381) or Michael Bacon (firstname.lastname@example.org 503-916-5394).