Verizon HotSpot Recall
Verizon has been made aware that a very small number - less than .001% - of certain Verizon internet hotspots (devices called “Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack MHS900L and MHS900LS”) used for distance learning have significantly overheated and caused heat-related damage.
Verizon and the device manufacturer are investigating the cause of those incidents and we are working with Verizon to provide options for exchanging your device if you so choose.
Please call Verizon at 800-540-4263 to arrange an exchange directly.
To help promote the safe operation of all devices, the manufacturer suggests the following best practices:
- Use only approved charging cables, including the cable provided.
- Unplug your device once it’s fully charged. Devices should not be left plugged in continuously.
- When not in use, power down your device.
- Place your device on a flat, solid and sturdy surface such as a floor or table.
- Ensure your device is not covered for proper ventilation.
- Keep devices near room temperature when in use.
- Do not expose the units to extreme temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Do not expose the unit or its battery to water or other liquids.
- Do not drop the units and do not insert foreign objects into the battery or unit.
Technology continues to play a critical role in the educational process. If you have any questions or concerns about the technology issued to you, please contact your school for support.
Purchasing a computer
If you are interested in purchasing your own device, we have created a page to provide some guidance.