Testing Update (6/21/2021)
- PPS will be participating in summative assessments during 2021-22 per board directive and to return to compliance with Division 22 requirements.
- DIBELS/IDEL will continue K-1 for the Dyslexia Screener requirement.
- MAP Growth interim assessments will start with a fall window later in September. Starting in 2021-22 per board directive, 2nd graders will be required to participate in MAP Growth testing.
- PPS will be offering the PSAT/NMSQT to all 10th graders on October 13th, 2021 and the SAT to all 11th graders on April 13th, 2022.
- The Oregon Kindergarten assessment is suspended for fall 2021.
- Essential skills requirements are waived for students graduating in 2022.
- easyCBM was discontinued in 2020.
2021-22 Assessment Calendar
ODE assessment schedule (PPS testing for ELA/Math grades 3-8 starts after spring break on March 28, 2022)
Current STC Update is available here.
Click here for the 2020-21 STC Update archive. All STC Updates will be added to this archive throughout the year.
Required OSAS Training Manuals and Assurance of Test Security Forms (Updated by ODE in November 2021)
Pepper TA Course for ELA, Math, Science and ELPA summative (Coming in fall 2021)
Pepper TA Course for ELPA screener (Coming August 2021)
Sections 1-4 of the Test Administration Manual
Sections 1 and 6 of the Oregon Accessibility Manual
TA Assurance of Test Security Form (If only administering the screener)
Optional ELPA Screener Resources:
- ELPA Screener Online Reporting System module
- ELPA Screener Speaking Scoring Practice Slides
- ELPA Screener Informational Webinar (updated 5/23 and again 8/14)
- Steps to view student results in the OSAS Portal
Additional STC Resources
Test Specifications and Blueprints (these are located within the content area on the web page)
Verbatim Scripts ELPA (English/Spanish Chinese Russian Somali Vietnamese) Science Math ELA
Accessibility Support Protocols and Promising Practices (including scribe and read-aloud protocols, etc.)
- To get Admin Dashboard access, please fill out the “IT Account Request Form” on the IT Forms webpage (https://www.pps.net/Page/2006). (You have to log in to see the form.) Check the box for Dashboard Access Requested (towards the bottom of the form), sign the form, and send to the IT Service Desk. It can take about a week to process.
- PPS Administrator’s Dashboard User Guide
State Testing Support ContactsFor questions or information regarding State Testing contact:PPS Testing Team for State Assessments(503)916-3208
For questions or information regarding Special Education contact:Special Education
- Test Administration rules & regulations (TAM) including training requirements.
- Test specific questions. ELPA Summative, Oregon ELA, Mathematics and Science.
- Students not showing in TIDE.
- Student OSAS Secure Browser login issues.
- Incorrect test showing for a student. Including ELPA Summative tests not showing for exited students.
- Headsets for ELPA Summative.
- Earbuds/headphones for Oregon ELA tests.
- Accessibility support rules & regulations (OAM). Including support allowances, protocols, and settings in TIDE
For computer related topics contact:IT Service Desk(503)916-3375
- Extended Assessment.
- Updating IEPs and determining appropriate accessibility supports for students.
- Computer functionality. Including hardware and software.
- OAKS Secure Browser installation. Including compatibility issues.