• Other Application Types

    Supervision Agreements

    Portland Public Schools understands that families face unplanned economic and personal hardships that cause displacement of the family unit. If the hardship involves someone other than the parent or legal guardian caring for a student, and the student is under the age of 18, documentation is needed to enroll a student in school. Families may find the following information helpful.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Foreign Exchange

    Students from foreign countries may be approved to enroll in high schools if they are sponsored by a District approved program, local host family, meet admission requirements set forth in the District guidelines, and are approved by the neighborhood school of the host family.

    The maximum length of the enrollment is one year. Exchange program representatives are asked to communicate directly with the Enrollment and Transfer Center regarding placement of an exchange student to ensure consistent application of the guidelines and coordination of services. A Clearance for Registration will be issued when a student has met all District and immunization requirements.

    Current Foreign Exchange Programs