The function of Board committees will be to consider actions or issues in detail and to provide policy advice for the Board's action or consideration, as appropriate. Board committees serve in fact-finding and advisory role and will make recommendations to the Board. Committee findings and recommendations will be reported to the full Board in a regular or special meeting of the Board.
All Board committee meetings are publicly noticed and open to the public.
2022/2023 Board Committees
- Audit Committee
- Charter and Alternative Programs Committee
- Facilities and Operations Committee
- Intergovernmental Committee
- Levy Renewal Committee
- Policy Committee
Board Related Committees
- Bond Accountability Committee (BAC)
- Climate Crisis Response Committee (CCRC)
- Community Budget Review Committee (CBRC)
- Racial Equity and Social Justice Community Advisory Committee
All Board Committee meeting materials can be found on the Meetings and Materials tab, which automatically redirects to the Portland Public Schools page on BoardBook.
Public Meeting Guidelines for Committees (pdf)