Welcome to Portland Public Schools!
This is how to enroll a student that is new to Portland Public Schools.
Collect this information
- Proof of age document (birth certificate, passport or similar document)
- 2 address verification documents. Examples include mortgage, rental agreement, utility bills (dated within the last 30 days at the time of enrollment), insurance or governmental assistance statement.
⁃ Parent name, home address and date must be visible
⁃ If you cannot provide two proofs of address, contact the Enrollment and Transfer Center
- Immunization record
⁃ Information on the Vaccine Requirements by grade level can be found on the
Multnomah Education Service District Immunization website
- Vision and Dental Screening Information (7 years old and under only)
- Emergency contact information
- Previous school’s contact information (not required at the start of Kindergarten)
- Individualized education (IFSP, IEP) or special services (504) plan, if applicable
Online registration process
The online registration will enroll the student at the school assigned to the address where you reside. If the student is on an approved transfer to a different school, connect with the transfer school for enrollment options. If you experience technical difficulties with the online registration, email IT Support at email@example.com.
- Go to:
Online Registration Site
- Click Activate Account/Reset Password
- Click Create a New Account
- Read the Privacy Statement and if you agree, click I Accept
- Enter your account information and click Continue to Step 3
- Refer to the confirmation email you should have received and follow the next steps
Once you have submitted the online registration, school staff will reach out to you about completing the enrollment.
Paper registration process
Complete the paper Student Registration Form and turn in to your school secretary with all supporting documents.
Enrolling in Kindergarten
If you are working with Portland Public Schools to develop an IEP for kindergarten, because your child received preschool special education services and has an IFSP, your child will be enrolled automatically in your neighborhood school. You will be able to verify demographic information and upload required verification documents at the end of summer through ParentVUE. If you are granted enrollment into an immersion program or PPS school other than your neighborhood school your students enrollment will reflect that change.
Visit the Portland Public Schools Enrollment and Transfer Department for additional information and instructions for enrolling a returning student.