2020 SE Powell Blvd
Portland, OR 97202
YOUTH PROGRESS LEARNING CENTER
The Learning Center is an Alternative Education Program through Portland Public Schools. Student eligibility is based on placement at Youth Progress. We are fully accredited by the AdvancED Accreditation Commission and licensed by the State of Oregon. We offer a variety of pathways to meet the educational needs of each student.
What We Do:
Youth Progress provides safe and stable homes to youth in the Juvenile Justice and Foster Care systems. We are trauma-informed, culturally responsive, and provide individualized and comprehensive supports to youth in our programs. We are dedicated to helping youth become productive members of the community.
At Youth Progress
- We believe that youth in the juvenile justice and foster care systems are leaders, scholars, artists, athletes and entrepreneurs; we recognize this and create opportunities to build upon these talents.
- We believe in the power of relationships, and work tirelessly to earn the trust and respect of youth in our programs.
- We believe in the innate beauty of all youth and the importance of treating all youth with unconditional positive regard.
- We believe in creating a positive, caring environment that helps inspire change in the hearts and minds of youth.
- We believe in the importance of expressing gratitude and in celebrating successes together.
- We believe that the experiences of staff and youth are inextricably linked, and that we are on a transformational journey together.