To submit a question or concern, please visit the PCard FAQ Google form
How do I activate my PCard?
There are three ways to activate your PCard:
1) Call Bank of America activation phone number, 888.233.8855.
- You will need your verification/activation code supplied by Purchasing & Contracting in an email from firstname.lastname@example.org and/or your phone number on your Bank of America Works account.
2) Global Card Access website, url supplied on your letter with your PCard from Bank of America.
- If you do not already have an account, you will want to click on Register a Card and follow the prompts.
3) Global Card Access website - already have an account
- You can log in to Global Card Access and click on activate account on the right-hand side under "Quick actions".
What should I do if my PCard is lost or stolen?
Contact Bank of America by phone as soon as possible. Customer Service will go over your most recent transactions to verify if they are valid or fraudulent. Your card will be cancelled and a new one will be sent to you.Within the US: 888.449.2273
Outside the US: 509.353.6656
Within Canada: 800.300.3084
How do I run a report for all my SBF/Student Body Fund purchases?
In WORKS, on the "Home" page select "Reports", from the dropdown choose "Template Library", at the bottom of the page in the Shared templates, type "SBF" in the search bar. There are generic SBF reports and reports for the fiscal year. For example: SBF2024 will run purchases from 7/1/2023 to 6/30/2024. See full instructions on this page: https://www.pps.net/Page/1344
Once in the report, scroll to the bottom to run. The report will export into an excel file.
Am I able to purchase appreciation gifts or appreciation lunches for staff?
No, it is not in PPS policy to purchase gifts for staff and appreciation lunches do not fall within the PPS Food purchase policy. We recommend that staff contact their PTA to coordinate any appreciation events. PPS 8.30.011-AD
Our PTA is funding an event with food for our staff. Am I able use my PCard to make the purchase and be reimbursed by the PTA?
If the event is outside the PPS Food Purchase policy for staff meals, you may not use your PCard to make the purchase. Contact the PTA to coordinate the event directly. Any funds that are in PPS accounts, including SBF, Cash Contributions and Principal Discretionary funds, must follow PPS AD policies. PPS 8.30.011-AD
Is it allowable to use our Principal’s discretionary fund to purchase food for staff?
Yes, if it falls within the PPS Food purchase policy. If it is for a social event, such as retirement, holiday, birthday or other type of gathering that does not fall within the policy, food and gifts/flowers cannot be purchased. We recommend you coordinate with your PTA, collect donations from staff or do a potluck event. PPS 8.30.011-AD
What device hubs, docks, dongles, etc. can I buy?
USB hubs, docks, and other similar peripheral devices should be chosen from the selection of standardized devices from the IT Purchasing page (https://www.pps.net/Page/13823). These devices are from reputable brands which have been tested by OTIS for their compatibility with PPS hardware. Devices from brands not listed on the purchasing page should not be purchased for use with PPS hardware. A return will be required if purchased and an infraction placed on the transaction in Works.
I have purchased a meal and beverage with my PCard while travelling. This is an unauthorized PCard purchase because meals are included in my per diem. How do I correct this error?
- Let PCard know the TXN number of the purchase and go to SchoolPay to repay PPS. Here is the link: SchoolPay for PCards
What is the maximum amount I am able to spend on student incentives and student prizes?
- PPS Board Policy and PPS AD 8.30.011 states "incentives should be low cost." The Finance Department has determined low cost incentives or prizes to be a maximum of $50.00.
How do I find out who the department budget holder is to approve my Account Codes Change Request?
- Click on this link to the Budget Department page, open the PPS Chart of Accounts spreadsheet, search under the Department tab: PPS Chart of Accounts
What timeframe do I have to dispute a transaction with Bank of America?
- You have 60 days from date of purchase to dispute a transaction in WORKS. If you are approaching the 60 day mark without delivery of items or response from the vendor, dispute the transaction in WORKS.
How do I add Bank of America Works to my apps on the my.PPS mainpage?
- 1) Go to + sign top left
2) Click "+ Add App" top right3) Put in App name and URL (https://payment2.works.com/
works/home)4) Hit "Select Icon" bottom right5) Pick Icon6) Hit "Add App" bottom right
Am I able to purchase a staff group meal with my PCard while traveling?
- No, this is prohibited in the PCard Manual and staff will include meals in their per diem reimbursement. The risk of duplicate payment is high.
Can I provide a tip for food delivery or at a restaurant?
- Yes, you may provide a reasonable tip.
I wish to cancel my PCard. What do I need to do.
- You can turn in your card in the Purchasing & Contracting department at the PEC or you can send an email to email@example.com requesting a cancelation.
How do we obtain the verification ID that is required to activate my account?
- The ID is three zeros and your employee ID number for a total of 9 digits. For example: 000055522.
Can I purchase from Costco?
- Yes you may purchase items from Costco.
Can I purchase a Costco membership with my PCard?
- No, you may not buy a Costco membership with your PCard.
I have an executive membership and get rewards from Costco. Can I still use my Costco account?
- No. Public employees cannot receive personal gain from conducting District business. Costco Executive memberships provide a cash back incentive.
I have made an accidental purchase on my PCard and need to repay PPS for the purchase. How can I repay?
- To make a PCard repayment use this link for Schoolpay: PCard SchoolPay Repayment site
I lost my Alaska Airlines receipt for my air travel, baggage or internet fee. How can I obtain a reprint?
- Contact Alaska Air Customer Care at 1-800-654-5669. Be sure to have your reservation or CTM number available. If the trip was within 48 hrs, the traveller can sign into the My Account profile on Alaska's website to obtain receipts.
What is the easiest way to find the Pepper trainings?
- Go to Course Library and scroll down to the search box. Search for "pcard".