PLEASE READ: Please email all contracts to email@example.com for review and signing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
All principals, department directors, senior directors, confidential executive assistants, principals’ secretaries, school bookkeepers, business managers, and other District personnel who manage or work with contracts must take the Contracting at PPS: Requirements and Best Practices 2020-21 (PCP1010) course in Pepper PD. The course allows you to read and respond to quiz questions at your own pace; we anticipate that it may take 45 minutes.
In response to recent audit recommendations, we are changing the course deadline procedure this year. Effective July 1, 2020, the 2020-21 course must be completed before you submit a contract for the 2020-21 school year.
Beginning July 1, Purchasing & Contracting will not process any contract unless the PPS contract manager, school/department contact person, and budget holder have taken and passed the 2020-21 course. If you submit a contract, but have not taken the training, you will receive an email reminder to do so. The contract will be returned unprocessed if the training has not been completed within one week of submission.
To access the course:
Log in to Pepper PD (pepper.pps.net)
Contracting at PPS: Requirements and Best Practices 2020-21 (PCP1010) is listed under “Available Courses” in the lower right section of the home page. More PPS courses are available by clicking “View All.” (Once you start the course, it will be listed under “My Current Course” section.)
As you complete your training course, you can see your progress and completion certificate under “My Progress” and can click the Certificate icon to view your certificate.
- Do not send contract templates to vendors to complete. Our templates should be completed by PPS staff. Fill in all fillable fields, save the document as a pdf, and then send to the vendor for the vendor's approval and signature before providing the contract, along with a Contract Approval Form, to Purchasing & Contracting for final review and District signature.
Contract Approval Form
- Contract Approval Form (CAF) - This form should accompany every contract or amendment you submit to Purchasing & Contracting for approval.
Student/Instructional/Family Engagement Services
Use this template for contracts originating in Central Office and involving the provision of direct, ongoing, intensive instructional and support services (e.g., mentoring, after-school programming, family outreach services) to students and their families with the goal of raising student achievement.
- Personal Services Statement of Work Template for Student/Instructional/Family Engagement Contracts - To be substituted for Exhibit A in the Personal Services contract template below.
- (Note: A Board Cover Memo is no longer required for Student/Instructional/Family Engagement Services greater than $150,000. Instead, the Statement of Work (Exhibit A) will be publicly posted with the Board meeting materials.)
Request For Payment on a Contract
- Request for Payment on a Contract Form - This form must be completed and signed by the budget holder and submitted with each contract invoice. The Request for Payment form should be submitted with the invoice to Accounts Payable.
Federal Terms and Conditions
- Federal Terms and Conditions - Attach this exhibit to your contract if you will use federal grant or pass-through funds to pay for your contract. (This exhibit is already attached to the Personal Services contract template below.)
Frequently Used Contract Templates
- Personal Services - For most District users, the Personal Services contract (“PSC”) is their go-to contract. Use the PSC when your contract is primarily for services that require specialized technical, creative, professional, or communication skills or talents that are unique to the service provider.
- This template now includes the Independent Contractor Determination worksheet as Exhibit B. It should be completed and signed by the contractor after the school/department completes the rest of the contract.
- Digital Resource/Software - Use this contract for all software and related services, including web-based applications (apps).
- Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) - An IGA is appropriate when you enter into an agreement in which another governmental agency or subdivision (e.g., the State of Oregon, MESD, City of Portland Bureau of Parks & Recreation, etc.) will provide services to the District.
- Intergovernmental Agreement/Revenue - As with the IGA, use this contract when working with another governmental agency or subdivision, but when the District is providing services for which it will be paid.
- Intergovernmental Agreement Specific to Portland State University - Use this IGA only when contracting with PSU.
- Amendment - An amendment to a contract changes, deletes, or adds certain details to the contract. Changes may be to scope of work, costs, payment terms, end date, or other terms.
- Services - Use this contract when you are contracting for basic services like maintenance, repair, custodial, security, flooring, landscaping, etc.
- Material Requirements - Under this contract, the contractor promises to supply all the specified goods/materials (e.g., food items, school supplies) that the District may require during a certain time period at an agreed price.
- Student Teacher Agreement - For use by central office departments only.
- Health Services Agreement - For student placement in health care facilities in connection with the District's Health Services Programs only.
In certain circumstances, the District can enter into contracts that are above the competitive dollar thresholds without seeking competition.Personal Services - Direct Negotiation
Amendment Above 125% Total Contract Value
- Direct Negotiation Justification Form - For use when entering into a Personal Services Contract valued at more than $50,000 and where direct negotiation is specifically allowed by PPS Public Contracting Rule PPS-46-0525. Instructions are included on the form.
- Personal Services Amendment Exception Form - For use when requesting to amend a personal services contract above the cumulative 125% total contract value amendment limit.
Software and Hardware Maintenance and Upgrades
- Sole Source Justification Form - For use when purchasing goods or services that are available from only one source, per PPS Public Contracting Rule PPS-47-0275, or for contracts using more than $10,000 in federal funding. This does not apply to consultant services or construction services. Instructions are included on the form.
- Software & Hardware Maintenance, Licenses, Subscriptions, and Upgrades Form - For information technology and telecommunications hardware or software maintenance, licenses, subscriptions, or upgrades available from only one source or, if available from more than one source, obtained from the District's current provider in order to utilize the pre-existing knowledge of the provider regarding the specifics of the District's hardware or software system.
- Cooperative Contract Approval Form - For use by schools and departments to initiate the review process of a cooperative contract. Use this form for a new cooperative contract, to document continued use of a cooperative contract, or to modify the scope of a previously approved cooperative contract.
- Cooperative Contract Review and Approval - For use by Purchasing & Contracting when reviewing a request form for a new cooperative contract.
- Cooperative Contract Internal Update Review and Approval - For use by Purchasing & Contracting when reviewing continued use of a cooperative contract or a modification to the scope of a previously approved cooperative contract.
- Cooperative Contract Federal Terms and Conditions Review and Approval - For use by Purchasing & Contracting when federal expenditures will occur with a cooperative contract.
Facilities and Asset Management / Office of School Modernization
Specialized contracts for architectural, construction, and engineering/land surveying/related services.
- Architectural Services Contract
- Large Construction Contract - For construction projects valued at $100,000 or more.
- Small Construction Contract - For construction projects valued at less than $100,000.
- General Conditions
- FSCP Contract and General Conditions - For flexible services contractor pool construction contracts procured by RFP.
- Engineering Contract - For engineering, photogrammetric mapping, transportation planning, or land surveying services.
- Related Services Contract - For services related to planning, designing, engineering, or overseeing public improvement projects or components of public improvement projects.
- FAM/OSM Personal Services - For services that require specialized technical, creative, professional, or communication skills or talents that are unique to the service provider.
- FAM/OSM Services
- FAM/OSM Materials Requirements
- FAM/OSM Amendment
- Emergency Declaration Template
Permit and License forms
- License for Temporary Site Access (Permit of Entry)
- Simple Permit for Donated Improvements- This form should be used for projects that are not complex in nature and have minimal permanent impact to the site. Examples: buddy benches, gardens, storage sheds, play equipment, ie replacing a swing., painting murals, most art projects, etc.
- Permit for Donated Improvements (Non-Turf)- Use this form for projects that are fairly complex in nature, require a designer, and involve the permit authority. Examples: Covered play-structures, play structures, play courts, monuments signs/reader boards, etc.
- Permit for Donated Improvements (Turf Fields)- Use this form for projects that are fairly complex in nature, require a designer, and involve the permit authority. This form is specific to turf fields.