Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
For the duration of CDL, please visit SSH's adapted resources at PPS-HD: COVID-19 Adapted Student Success and Health Supports
PPS Administrative Directive: 4.30.022-AD Alcohol, Other Drugs, and Tobacco
Insight class is an educational program designed for students in grades 6-12 and their families who are seeking information about the impact of alcohol and other drugs on youth. This includes students who have violated Portland Public Schools Alcohol, Other Drugs, and Tobacco Policy.
Insight is offered on Wednesday evenings at Rice Site 6433 NE Tillamook from 7-8:30pm. We offer light refreshments for all families. Questions please contact: 503-916-5460.
EVALUATION AND TREATMENT SERVICES
The goal of a drug and alcohol evaluation is to answer the following questions
• What is the nature and extent of the drug and alcohol use?
• What action/intervention is recommended at this time, if any?
If a student, family member, or staff person determines that the student may benefit from a drug and alcohol evaluation, please click here for a list of providers.
In order for the school to best support the student, it can be helpful to share information with the evaluator as well as receive information from the evaluator regarding how to best support the student at school.
In order for the school and the evaluator to communicate this information the following release needs to be signed:
Permission to Release Information (pdf) for English and translated versions.
Please contact your school counselor or Student Success (503-916-5460) if you would like more guidance on this process.
WEBSITE RESOURCE INFORMATION
PREVENTION TALK NEWSLETTERS
Newsletters available in English, Vietnamese, Chinese, Russian, and Spanish with helpful hints on drug prevention, communication, and other informative topics for parents.
- Protective Factors - What Parents Can Do - English | Chinese| Russian | Spanish | Vietnamese
- Risk Factors - What Parents Need to Know - English | Chinese | Russian | Spanish | Vietnamese
- Family Addiction - What is a Child to Do? - English | Chinese | Russian | Spanish | Vietnamese
- Talking with your teen about alcohol - English | Chinese | Russian | Spanish | Vietnamese
- Talking with your teen about marijuana - English | Chinese | Russian | Spanish | Vietnamese
- Ecstasy: Uncovering the mysteries around this dangerous drug - English | Chinese | Russian | Spanish | Vietnamese
- Inhalant use on the rise - English | Chinese | Russian | Spanish | Vietnamese
- It's all in the family
- Communicating with your teen
- Power of parental influence
- Keeping teens involved in the family
Tobacco prevention and policy enforcement support and curricula.
Contact: Student Services 503.916.5460