New and updated safety plans will be posted as they are created and updated
- Columbia Regional Wilcox Audiology Safety Plan New: May 21, 2020
- PPS School Gardens Maintenance Safety Plan New: April 22, 2020
- Transportation - Call Center During Curriculum Delivery New: April 22, 2020
- Transportation - Curriculum Delivery to Students New: April 21, 2020
- Home Delivery Operational Safety Plan New: April 21, 2020
- Curriculum Distribution at Meal Sites New: April 17, 2020
- OTIS Chromebook Collection & Distribution Updated: April 17, 2020
- OTIS Publication Services Safety Plan New: April 17, 2020
- McKinney-Vento Operational Safety Plan New: April 17, 2020
- Safety Plans for Facilities Construction and School Modernization Projects are extremely detailed by location and employee working. Please contact your supervisor if you have any questions.
April 07, 2020
Please visit the Cloth Face Covering Guidance website for additional information regarding the new CDC recommendations.
March 30, 2020
As always, our first priority is the health and safety of our students, employees and community. PPS continues to follow guidance from the Oregon Health Authority and the CDC, and directives from Governor Brown’s executive orders in response to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
We are hard at work to provide essential services to our families and are implementing social distancing techniques and other safety measures to protect the many employees engaged in this work. The district has established standards, the COVID-19 Workplace Distancing Guidance, for all operations. In addition, outlined below are the specific safety plans for a variety of essential services.
Please direct any questions or concerns regarding the district’s social distancing protocols to Joe Crelier, Director of Risk Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutrition Services Meal & Curriculum Packet Pick Up Sites
Students and families are able to pick meals and curriculum packets at 15 schools around the Portland area. Staff are following these safety plans when preparing and handing out food and curriculum.
The following illustrated instructions, prepared by LunchAssist, visually demonstrate how meal sites are operating.
Chromebook Device Collection and Distribution
Office of Technology and Information Services (OTIS) employees, along with many staff volunteers, are collecting, sanitizing, and preparing chromebooks for distribution. Staff volunteers are following this safety plan when collecting, cleaning, and distributing chromebooks to students.
Instructional Resource Center - Creating Curriculum Packets
The Instructional Resource Center (IRC) team, along with several staff volunteers, have been busy putting together a variety of instructional materials, including art and math supplies, and paper curriculum packets. The team is working out of the warehouse and practicing social distancing and cleaning protocols.
Custodial and Maintenance
The custodial and maintenance crews are hard at work cleaning and maintaining our school and office buildings for our return.
- Custodial Operational Safety Plan
- Maintenance Operational Safety Plan
- Warehouse Operational Safety Plan
District Emergency Operations Center and Security Services Office
A few essential staff are working from the central office in the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and Security Services office to ensure essential services are maintained and safety measures are followed. They are following their own safety plan.
- CDC Guidelines - Cleaning & Disinfecting Facilities
- CDC Guidelines - Interim Guidance for Administrators of US K-12 Schools and Child Care Programs
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
There is nothing more important than your safety and that of those we serve. By following the safety plans above, PPS employees will minimize risk to themselves and the chance of spreading this virus.
Director of Risk Management
Social Distancing Officer